Honored Contributor

Re: What Halloween costume did you dislike as a kid

We got caught by surprise one year or something-- at the last minute, I didn't have a costume, and remember my mother calling up my Dad and reporting that I'd need a costume rustled up, stat!  There might have been a class party that day, but I'm thinking it was actually Hallowe'en day.

So he swung by somewhere on his way home from the office, and then happily presented me with a nurse's costume!  For some reason, I was secretly disappointed.  I must have wanted something more fanciful, not so "practical"....

My Dad loved the medical profession, and would have loved it if I'd become a nurse, ha.  I did NOT like chemistry, though.... 

It's funny, too, because I did like nurses-- one of my favorite juvenile novel series' of all time was the almost endless "Cherry Ames" nurse series.... 

Honored Contributor

Re: What Halloween costume did you dislike as a kid

[ Edited ]

My parents were in a theater group, and i got to go and pick one sometimes from wardrobe.  Thank you Menlo-atherton Players, and Palo alto theater troupe.   I dont think they eve have wardrobe depts any more  It was fun.  The one costume I never would wear was a witch.  It seemed so redundant and boring  i also never bought a costume.   We made them from stuff we had.  We traded as well.