Respected Contributor

What Goes Around, Comes Around

My Walmart grocery delivery today was missing two items plus I received someone else's American cheese. (Glad it was Land O' Lakes brand Smiley Happy)

I did an online refund......AND THE REFUND WENT TO SOMEONE ELSE'S CREDIT CARD!!!

You've got to look at every little detail, every time.

Customer service straightened it out and gave me $10 for my wasted time and aggravation.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around

Sounds like more of an inconvience to me. I only do my own shopping. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I've had a few weird little things happen in the many years I have opted for groceries delivery/shopping, but altho quite annoying, I have always gotten it straigthened out to my satisfaction. Still it beats my doing the heavy shopping and schlepping it up a flight of stairs---I have no car anymore so no way I could go shopping like I could before. I do walk to the store--about 15 minutes from my place, for produce and catfood---and yes--you have to check it all out when it gets to you.

Respected Contributor

I prefer to shop for my groceries in person, but some people are no longer able to do so. 

Respected Contributor

Has anyone else ever had an automated refund go to a different credit card?

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Sounds like more of an inconvience to me. I only do my own shopping. 

You're fortunate that you're able to.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Still better than schlepping around a grocery store, loading bags in my car and logging them up stairs.  There was a small error.  They made it right.  That's a good thing.  

Respected Contributor

@wagirl 

Have you considered Chewy for cat food?

I only get my cat food and litter thru them now...( I have ONE indoor cat and a billion ferals!!! well....about 20-25 really!!!)

I no longer want to lug large bags of dry food or canned cat food cases from the store shelf, to the cart, to the checkout belt, back to the cart, into the trunk, out of the trunk...when Mr. FedEx drops it right at my garage door!! SO convenient for heavy stuff!!!

Of course, it IS good that you still can walk to your store...for exercise and to get out....but online shopping has a lot of plusses that's for sure...

I love Chewy!!! But I still shop each week just more to get out than anything else.....Plus I like to pick my own groceries...

But I'm not averse to going to delivery....EVERYTHING can be delivered today, and I think,living in a rural area, it may be the way of the future when new vehicles cost 50K or more, plus insurance....why not have it delivered and forget the car?

Where I live they even have a Transit Authority bus...it's taxpayer funded.I see it bumbling all over the place...from the small town where I live, to the outer area shopping strips where Walmart and Aldi and other stores are located....And, if you call ahead as a senior citizen, they will arrange to pick you up at your home for a tiny fee.

I'm thinking of using that service some day. I'm only 67, and will do EVERYTHING I still can ...until I can't....but thankfully there are more delivery services than ever available to those who can no longer shop...

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

I know people complain about Walmart, but I have found them very accommodating at handling and resolving any problems.  

I realize, too, that not everyone can or wants to do in-store shopping, so it's great that they offer delivery now.

For me, it's one of the few times I get out of the house and I enjoy browsing a bit when I shop.  

Respected Contributor

Even though I dislike shopping now I'll still do it as long as I'm able to. But when the time comes and I'm not able to than I'm glad  to know I have other options.