Honored Contributor

Re: What Easy Pay Means for Me

@CLEM wrote:

I have noticed that if I have something on easy pay, I do much less impulse shopping.  Generally, I do like to pay for a purchase in total though.   But having one item on easy pay does save me money.  Currently I have a $27 or so/month to pay off until August.

Wonder  if anyone else feels that way?

It's very interesting how @CLEM started out saying Easy Pay was something of a convenience that she uses judiciously, but all of a sudden it became a black and white issue for many others.

It's an option and a convenience, and sure you have to be careful of your own finances, but it is a choice that can make sense.

Sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't.  I see no reason for me to not use it if I want to, or be seduced into using it when I don't want to.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't understand that.  Sometimes I use EP for no apparent reason.  I think it happens when I use that quick checkout on QVC.com.  If EP is available, they automatically give it to you.  It's weird but if I have too many EP's, I get a little nervous and I feel compelled to pay them off early.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree That is the way I understand it too. If you do the quick checkout, it automatically gives you the easy pay amounts, if they are available, your default credit card, and your default shipping address. 

So I need to be mindful of that when I check out, that I don't use the quick checkout.

Honored Contributor

Easy pay doesn't interest me.  I only use it on the rare occasion when I'm really iffy about a purchase.  And these days on the Q, I tend to not make iffy purchases.

Respected Contributor

For me, I don't buy anything I can't pay for.  Very simple.  I think easy pays get many, many people in serious financial trouble.  They never plan for an emergency situation, i.e. car repair, home repair, medical, etc.  

Honored Contributor

Oh I can pay for it I just chose not to pay all at once since there is no interest.