Respected Contributor

Re: What Don't You Watch On Television?

[ Edited ]

It would be easier to list what I do watch.   That would be a much shorter list.

Respected Contributor

It would be easier to tell you what I do watch.

The Disney Channel

Animal Planet

Discovery/Discovery Family shows

The Chew

Rachel Ray

Blue Bloods

The Bachelor/Bachelorette (don't judge!)

My tv is almost always tuned to the Disney Channel- I have children

Honored Contributor

Can't remember the last time I watched ABC, NBC or CBS.  Don't watch any of the network comedies, dramas, talk shows, news broadcasts or reality series.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Reality TV-none of it. No Dancing, singing, housewives--none of it!

Fox News

Sports

Beauty pageants

Awards shows

Very little network TV. I've become spoiled by watching some really well-done series on HBO.

I have to admit I do like horror and Sci-Fi.  Blood and guts doesn't bother me!  Woman LOL

I also like watching some of the old sitcoms and series on ME TV, TV land etc. I never watched Everybody Loves Raymond on regular TV and I've become addicted to it on TV Land!

Guilty on the horror and sci-fi.  And that brought back memories.  In our teens, my best friend and I would always hit the neighborhood movie Sunday matinees.  They were always either sci-fi, or horror, especially Dracula films.  By the time we left the theater, it was dark and we were scared out of our wits and walked home close to the curb, lest something jump out at us.  Smiley LOL

@RoughDraft  Woman LOLWoman LOL

@MyGirlsMom @RoughDraft @Stray

While I don't watch the horror and vampire movies of today (too much gore) I can relate to your teen story back when we went to see Dracula movies about walking home from the movie theater (we lived a few blocks away from the theater) and it was real scary walk home .......  and it was interesting how we wore crosses that night to the movie to chase away the vampires I guess LOL Smiley Wink  Pizza with extra garlic please Smiley Wink

@Spurt-  as I got older, I saw vampires as romantic figures.  When I saw Frank Langella in Dracula on Broadway, well, he played to the audience and so many women threw bouquets on the stage....I loved "Love at First Bite".  At that point in my life, I wished they existed; I would have left my window open....but, Bela Lugosi scared me and was the best vampire ....I had a few nightmares after seeing his movie....I remembered "The Thing" scared me a lot and today, it's just silly

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@JustJazzmom

You have to admit, some of those "horror" movies  on Svengoolie are grade D at best. Woman LOL

I still miss Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

I'm old enough to remember Zackerly and met him at the yearly spook fest! 

He wasn't in my area; a lot of the horror hosts were pretty regional, I think.

I have fond memories of the Crypt Keeper from Tales From the Crypt. I didn't get to see a lot of eps but liked what I saw.

I read that M. Night Shyamalan is doing a reboot of "Tales", but the concensus is that it won't be good because he's involved - ?

@Moonchilde- I loved the Crypt Keeper too....I don't think you can beat the original

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Reality TV-none of it. No Dancing, singing, housewives--none of it!

Fox News

Sports

Beauty pageants

Awards shows

Very little network TV. I've become spoiled by watching some really well-done series on HBO.

I have to admit I do like horror and Sci-Fi.  Blood and guts doesn't bother me!  Woman LOL

I also like watching some of the old sitcoms and series on ME TV, TV land etc. I never watched Everybody Loves Raymond on regular TV and I've become addicted to it on TV Land!

Guilty on the horror and sci-fi.  And that brought back memories.  In our teens, my best friend and I would always hit the neighborhood movie Sunday matinees.  They were always either sci-fi, or horror, especially Dracula films.  By the time we left the theater, it was dark and we were scared out of our wits and walked home close to the curb, lest something jump out at us.  Smiley LOL

@RoughDraft  Woman LOLWoman LOL

@MyGirlsMom @RoughDraft @Stray

While I don't watch the horror and vampire movies of today (too much gore) I can relate to your teen story back when we went to see Dracula movies about walking home from the movie theater (we lived a few blocks away from the theater) and it was real scary walk home .......  and it was interesting how we wore crosses that night to the movie to chase away the vampires I guess LOL Smiley Wink  Pizza with extra garlic please Smiley Wink

@Spurt-  as I got older, I saw vampires as romantic figures.  When I saw Frank Langella in Dracula on Broadway, well, he played to the audience and so many women threw bouquets on the stage....I loved "Love at First Bite".  At that point in my life, I wished they existed; I would have left my window open....but, Bela Lugosi scared me and was the best vampire ....I had a few nightmares after seeing his movie....I remembered "The Thing" scared me a lot and today, it's just silly

@Stray 

I don't think of vampires as romantic, instead I thought they were evil and your right Bela Lugosi was the best....and his movies today still hold up and are still SCARY today!!!   There was an interesting one involving vampires, but in the end we found out they were actors pretending to be vampires in order to expose a murderer---quite a neat twist on the vampire gendre---and Bela appeared in that one too...

Some of those old horror/sci fi movies are laughable and that's what makes them fun on Svengooli ---LOL!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Bela Lugosi as Dracula has to be the all time best version.  I can't watch it now...wow, what your imagination can do to you!

O/T  I read Brams Stokers' "Dracula' in college and was scared for months after.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

The scariest looking Dracula was Nosferatu in the German silent movie of the same name.

Most romantic was Frank Langella, on Broadway which I saw in 1979 and then when the movie came out. Didn't really like Tom Cruise as Lestat.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

It's easier to list what I DO watch.  LOL

Flipping Out for it's train-wreck quality, Live Free or Die, Life Below Zero, The Five, Fox Business, mysteries on PBS...anything else I'll probably sleep through.

Life is too short for crappy tv.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

Lets put it this way, I don't watch any reality shows except for the music/talent ones. I don't like womens drama like those housewives. I also do not watch any sports except for the Olympics! And no politics. If politics come on I turn the channel.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles