Trusted Contributor

I bought a bladeless fan from Amazon that does not work and need to return it.  They said "

• Show the Return code on your mobile. The UPS Store associate will scan the return code and print the label.

How do I show the return code on my mobile (I'm assuming mobile cell phone.)?  Thanks for your help.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Regular Contributor

Yes, Amazon is referring to your mobile phone.

Honored Contributor

I sure don't know.  I've returned several items through the years and never had to do that.  I go online to Amazon and follow the instructions to print a return label and then drop it off.    I'm sure someone on here can help though.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Why didn't you call Amazon CS & ask them? confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

You just take your mobile phone in and they scan the QR code box Amazon emails you. I’m finding this way hard to get used to myself. 

Trusted Contributor

@wismiss  

Did you receive an email from Amazon that includes a bar/scan code? Just call up that email on your phone and show it to the UPS Store so they can scan it to process the return.

Frequent Contributor

You do not need to print labels anymore to return.  Amazon will send you an email, you take your phone and item to ups and they will scan the code in the email.  You do not even have to repack the item!  Started a few months ago.  Super easy.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Does Amazon mean?

[ Edited ]

I've shown the code before and they scan and print the label.

Respected Contributor

@KimmC wrote:

You do not need to print labels anymore to return.  Amazon will send you an email, you take your phone and item to ups and they will scan the code in the email.  You do not even have to repack the item!  Started a few months ago.  Super easy.

I believe that the no label or box option only applies if you take the item to a UPS Store, not UPS.
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
New Contributor

I recently had this experience.  Once you recieve your return authorization email from Amazon, prepare your item for return.  (I printed a copy of their email to and used that as a packing slip.)  

Take the package to your nearest UPS store; make sure you have your cell phone with you so that you can show the associate the email with the code.  It takes only a few seconds for the associate to scan the code and print up your label, and give you a receipt for you to track the return.  

Hope this helps.