Respected Contributor

Re: What Did You Enjoy Most at the Olympics Today?

It's so exciting to watch the men's swimming team.

Respected Contributor

I read through the post hoping to see mention of the US Field Hockey Team, that unlike NBC which likes to say this years US Olympic team has the most women. But fails to give them equal showing.

The # 2 in the world  women's field hockey team is Argentina, the US is ranked #5. On Saturday the US played them and won 2-1. That is big news unless you are watching coverage of the Olympics on NBC. 

They have a good shot at medaling and crickets.... 

I realize I am partial since the team is comprised of mainly women from NJ and PA but seriously this is big.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

I read that the woman who had the terrible bike accident today was awake and speaking in the ambulance.   She injured 3 vertebrae and has a severe concussion.  She will remain in intensive care for 24 hours.  I hope she will be OK. 

I never saw so many falls in a race.  Some are now critical of the course saying it's more than difficult, it's dangerous.  Both the women's team and men's team had terrible falls.

Respected Contributor

It's weird seeing Karch Kiraly without his visor and sunglasses on.

Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

It's so exciting to watch the men's swimming team.

That relay was awesome. 

Honored Contributor

Between last night and today. Weight lifting of those people, gee that would hurt!! Then I loved the women's volleyball and the women's sand volleyball. I haven't been able to see much on the women's swimming yet, but it's something I want to catch soon. This is really something and it's so pretty there!!

Honored Contributor

Watching Rafa Nadal vs Andreas Seppi tennis match.

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, I got to see the sisters play tennis together and then just Serena against that other gal. That's a lot of hard work these people go through.

I still love the girls on the floor and balance beams. That just blows my mind. Their legs are so strong. Did you see the one little gal, stand from the tops of her feet! Oh me, my body just cringes at that. I tried to set on the floor a little while ago and got a message from the top of my leg that that just wasn't going to be allowed anymore!! So I salute these girls! Great work to all. I love to see the parents setting in the stands helping these kids in their moves. That's so much fun to watch! We are so lucky to be able to see that going on now, in another country. It truly is amazing!

Esteemed Contributor

I loved men's synchronized diving, yeah!! USA took silver

and I also enjoyed men's qualifying swim, so glad for Michael Phelps 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy every minute of it.  The athletes are amazing. I love the back ground stories. 

This morning on TODAY, it was fun seeing Katie Ledecky as a baby in the crowd with Al Roker.

I love Simone Biles' story; her grandparents adopting her making them bother her parents and grandparents.