Honored Contributor

Re: What Did You Enjoy Most at the Olympics Today?

I am loving the Olympics. I have been watching Women's gymnastics, swimming(both men and women and relay)also enjoyed Men's diving(pairs), I am especially liking Laurie Hernandez, she seems so sweet and humble....I miss Missy Franklin-is she at the Olympics this year? She was another that was so nice, and seems so sweet........... 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am loving the Olympics. I have been watching Women's gymnastics, swimming(both men and women and relay)also enjoyed Men's diving(pairs), I am especially liking Laurie Hernandez, she seems so sweet and humble....I miss Missy Franklin-is she at the Olympics this year? She was another that was so nice, and seems so sweet........... 

@CANDLEQUEEN

Missy Franklin swam twice yesterday.  She came in 4th in the preliminaries and made it (barely) to the semi-finals.  She did not advance to the finals.

I loved her in London.  Since then she swam for 2 years for Cal Berkley.  She has since gone pro.  I do no understand why she did this before the Olympics.  Now she is not swimming competitively so seems to have lost that competitive edge.

She is still positive and pleasant in her interviews, but that spark is missing.  I almost feel sorry for her.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

Missy Franklin swam twice yesterday.  She came in 4th in the preliminaries and made it (barely) to the semi-finals.  She did not advance to the finals.

I loved her in London.  Since then she swam for 2 years for Cal Berkley.  She has since gone pro.  I do no understand why she did this before the Olympics.  Now she is not swimming competitively so seems to have lost that competitive edge.

She is still positive and pleasant in her interviews, but that spark is missing.  I almost feel sorry for her.

Thanks so much! I do really enjoy her, she sounds like Gabby Douglas-spark is missing for her as well! Thanks for letting me know!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

Poor Gabby, despite the fact she came in 3rd in the qualifying round for the All-Around title, she cannot defend her title.  The US can send only 2 girls for the title so Biles and Rasman will be our representatives. (and could easily be the gold and silver medalists)

There is something about the competitive gene I never had.  If I won a gold medal, I'd go out while I was on top.  I would never have the fight to try again 4 years later.  In gymnastics it's so unusual for a girl to maintain the top ranking 4+ years.  There is always someone waiting in the wings.  Since the last Olympics, Simon Biles has been the world champion every year.  The odds are it's HER year to shine.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

Poor Gabby, despite the fact she came in 3rd in the qualifying round for the All-Around title, she cannot defend her title.  The US can send only 2 girls for the title so Biles and Rasman will be our representatives. (and could easily be the gold and silver medalists)

There is something about the competitive gene I never had.  If I won a gold medal, I'd go out while I was on top.  I would never have the fight to try again 4 years later.  In gymnastics it's so unusual for a girl to maintain the top ranking 4+ years.  There is always someone waiting in the wings.  Since the last Olympics, Simon Biles has been the world champion every year.  The odds are it's HER year to shine.

I think Biles will get more than one gold; she is exceptional.  Gabby might have been too distracted with her tv show..she didn't seem at the top of her game.  Hernandez will shine at the next olympics.  She was a pleasure to watch.  Poor men had a chance to medal and lost it. 

Honored Contributor

You know what else? I had no idea the women and men doing volleyball were so tall!! Holy smokes. The guys showing to be 6'8" or in that vacinity. Women were really tall too. These men are just sending the ball to the ceiling almost! Wow.

Honored Contributor

Lot's on DVR, but have watched zero.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

They keep hyping in prime time tonight the ladies' gymnastics finals LIVE from Rio.

Well, I just watched it online.  It finished about 10 minutes ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just watched a story about a paraolympic swimmer Brett Snyder who served in Afganistan and an IED explosion left him blind.  He won gold in London in swimming, only one year after his accident and he is back to compete again in Rio. So amazing and inspirational.Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!