Honored Contributor

Re: What Did You Enjoy Most at the Olympics Today?

Well it's Sunday and the bicycle race scared the soup out of me!  I thought that woman who crashed was dead!!!!

Valued Contributor

Tennis. That's probably all I'll watch but since it's on Bravo from 9:30am-10:00pm not much time for anything else.
Honored Contributor

@ballyk wrote:
Tennis. That's probably all I'll watch but since it's on Bravo from 9:30am-10:00pm not much time for anything else.

So happy to see Rafa back on the court today, and he looks to be playing great!

Honored Contributor

NBC Olympics

Absolutely incredible!

Syrian refugee Yusra Mardini, who once swam for her life to flee Syria, wins her 100m butterfly heat at ‪#‎Rio2016‬.

More on Yusra Mardini: http://fb.nbcsports.com/199n

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  How awesome for her.  I was in tears Friday night when that team came in the opening ceremonies to thunderous applause!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I watched a little of the swimming late last night on the Canadian broadcast but I have been working in yard all day so I have not seen any of it today.  

Respected Contributor

Men's and Women's swimming and Women's Gymnastics about to begin now!Cat Very Happy  Happy watching!  Go team USA!!!!!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Deadspin's been running that guy's broken leg vid..had to watch.

Always a 'raised eyebrow' when bones are broken.

Too many drugs.

If one puts enough torque on any bone, it will snap.

Drugs have nothing to do with it.

The classic sign of steroid use is broken bones.

The muscles get stronger & stronger & the bones strength can't keep up.  That's when those bad fractures occur.

Torque?  Those gymnasts have been doing those same moves a zillion times since they were 2yrs old.  Muscle/bone strength should be established....until something tips the ratio...ie steriods/drugs.   Raised eyebrow, indeed.

@sidsmom I am in no position to say whether it was steroid induced but it does appear that this young man perhaps was not built for Olympic level competition as he broke his other leg in a similar fashion.  Given his size and no one picked up on this with the original incident (in terms of testing for steroids) I would think maybe he is very talented but just not able to perform at the Olympic level:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/06/french-gymnast-samir-ait-said-scar...

Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

Men's and Women's swimming and Women's Gymnastics about to begin now!Cat Very Happy  Happy watching!  Go team USA!!!!!

This is slightly O/T but @Pandalady you are such a delight, thank you for your always bright and positive posts!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Along with others mentioned, I enjoyed the fencing.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras