Honored Contributor

What Did You Enjoy Most at the Olympics Today?

I saw a lot of the Men's Gymnastics and some of the Women's Swimming!  I enjoyed both of those events!  Those swimmers are simply amazing.

I hope the men's gymnastis team does well, although some of them got off to a rough start

I always seem to get more interested as things go along.  Oh and I forgot the bicycle racing this morning, but I didn't get to see the last part of that!  That was very interesting I thought.  Who knew?

What did you enjoy--and what are you looking forward to tomorrow!  Today was too busy to see much for me!

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Did You Enjoy Most at the Olympics Today?

The men's highbar routines just blew me away. I'm so in awe of the flips and release moves they do now; they are breathtaking when well executed. Felt very sorry for the Japanese guy that lost his grip and fell off.

Looking forward to women's gymnastics and diving. I hope they are still doing the tandam diving event. I'd also like to see some synchro swimming but not holding my breath on that (no pun intended).

Honored Contributor

i watched some of the mens gymnastics. did anyone see that french gymnast that broke his leg while doing the vault? that photo was graphic!

i watched some womens beach volleyball and also some mens and womens swim heats and final events.

at work we had on some of the tennis matches.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I am recording every single show of the Olympics (even over night) and scan them at night. I mostly watched the swimming and the volleyball, but I also watched some of the mens gymnastics and the rowing (but not all of those). My absolute favorite is the swimming. I wont miss any of the swimming! And I wont miss the womens gymnastics and I might add the gymnastic leotards are made in my hometown county in PA!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

So far I haven't seen any of it!!! I'd like to catch the floor routines.

Honored Contributor

Not watching any of it and doing something else instead. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Deadspin's been running that guy's broken leg vid..had to watch.

Always a 'raised eyebrow' when bones are broken.

Too many drugs.

Esteemed Contributor

The cycling was a real mess.  So many falls.  Those people running after the bikes in the street was just crazy to see.  How are they allowed to do that on the course?  And the support system in  place for the riders seemed weak...no water bottles when they were supposed to provide them for the riders was awful.  Some snafus for sure.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner, how many events are there in the olympics that we are a part of? And I wonder, what sport would others like to see at the Olympics? I just had one, and forgot it as quickly!

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I am recording every single show of the Olympics (even over night) and scan them at night. I mostly watched the swimming and the volleyball, but I also watched some of the mens gymnastics and the rowing (but not all of those). My absolute favorite is the swimming. I wont miss any of the swimming! And I wont miss the womens gymnastics and I might add the gymnastic leotards are made in my hometown county in PA!

Yep.   I need to record it as well.  Why didn't I think of that????  LOL!!!