Honored Contributor

Re: What Did You Do for Cinco De Mayo?

We have Mexican food twice a week.  We either go out to our favorite restaurant or have Uber Eats deliver.  Yesterday day we had a variety of dishes delivered, hubby made Margaritas.  The tres leches cake my niece tried to make was tres horrible...lol.  Even she laughed about it.  It was just the family that lives here so I didn't decorate.  

Honored Contributor

Enjoyed chicken enchiladas and refried beans for lunch.

Trusted Contributor

Went to a Cinco de Mayo themed Bingo, Had a Margarita, won 2 games of Bingo and a Margarita glass.

Honored Contributor

I honestly didn't think about it.  I worked all day and spent over an hour at the vet with my sick dog.  I was exhausted and picked up pizza on the way home.  

Honored Contributor

No celebration, but I did make some sweet potato / black bean patties / burgers and the recipe called for a half cup of Mayo.

Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

I made enchiladas with queso fresco, rice and beans with tomatoes and lettuce and crackers. And we had flan for dessert. It was delicious.

i did forget to wear my Cinco De Mayo blouse to work

Respected Contributor

Thursday our pickleball club had a "Dinko De Mayo" party and tonight we're going to a combo Cinco De Mayo and Derby party!  We retired to the coast and it's party, party, party all the time!  Exhausting but fun!

Honored Contributor

It is a celebration of the Mexican victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It is a celebration of the Mexican victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862

And it was rarely celebrated anywhere until the 1990s when Mexican breweries gave American bar owners big discounts to create special Cinco de Mayo celebrations. It worked.

Respected Contributor

My neighbor and I made a cornbread tamale pie and pineapple empanadas.