Honored Contributor

Re: What Christmas Goodies Have You Been Enjoying?

IMG_2921.jpg

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

IMG_2921.jpg

Oh, yum.  Homemade?  I haven't had fudge in years.  

Honored Contributor

Chocolate from SwedenHeart  It is the best.

Our son and daughter-in-law live there and I ask for chocolate Yum

Honored Contributor

@tansy, this is the first time my fudge has set up.  LOL

There was a thread about fudge, and we all came to the conclusion that if a recipe calls for marshmallow, it will set up. 

I wish I would have made another batch with nuts.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've actually lost about 12-13lbs over the last month or so. I was not well and in the hospital. I haven't had the greatest appetite at all. Yesterday and today I made pumpkin bread from a recipe off of Allrecipes.com that is just one of the best I have ever had. I also made choc chip cookies for my husband and daughter. They love them with the Christmas M&Ms. I also made cheese straws today. I ate about a loaf of pumpkin bread myself. I would take a slice and add some Kerry Gold butter on it and I kept doing that until it was gone! It was so good. Hopefully I can keep it up and put on the weight I lost. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Your cookies are very pretty, too @brii.  

I used to make fudge from the recipe on the back of Kraft's marshmallow cream.  Actually, I'd get my husband to make itSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @tansy.  I went a little overboard on the cookie press butter cookies.  I have about 250 butter cookies.  LOL

@Irshgrl31201, I hope you feel better and have a wonderful Christmas with your family.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Peppermint bark, Mrs. Prindable's apples, ans eggnog-flavored ice cream, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

@Thank you, @tansy.  I went a little overboard on the cookie press butter cookies.  I have about 250 butter cookies.  LOL

@Irshgrl31201, I hope you feel better and have a wonderful Christmas with your family.  Smiley Happy

@brii thank you so much. I hope you have a lovely Christmas as well. I am feeling a lot better! I LOVE butter cookies!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Yesterday I was going to make Spritz cookies but couldn't find my cookie press.  I quickly ordered an inexpensive one from Amazon since I hadn't seen it in years.   Should be here tomorrow.  In the meantime, I made candy cane cookies.  They taste pretty good, too.  I hope there are some left for my nieces and nephews that are coming over Saturday, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)