Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Carolina cities are getting the Florida exodus?

My BIL moved to Fla., Venice, from NJ; lived there 20 yrs and sold his home in one day at the asking price. They moved to NC, as they couldn’t stand the heat in summer any longer. The name of the town escapes me but it’s 15 min outside of Raleigh. They love the weather, the people and the space
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I haven't been to Hendersonville for decades, so I don't know if it's still as charming as it was then.  DH and I actually considered moving there at that time.  Hope ECBG lets us know.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Here in  NC the costs are booming - any in the he university communities are averaging @ 700.00. , or lake safe out of site!

Grad cement condos are being raised to  accomodate.  Incoming students and visitors.  Homes with some culture mid Cenerrty Moden, Classic Craftman -are beyond reason.Out unbelievable.

Land for sale is way out, and yesterday we walked a 17 acre plot that was

200’000 an acre for.  Nothing special.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Here in  NC the costs are booming - any in the he university communities are averaging @ 700.00. , or lake safe out of site!

Grad cement condos are being raised to  accomodate.  Incoming students and visitors.  Homes with some culture mid Cenerrty Moden, Classic Craftman -are beyond reason.unbelievable.

Land for sale is way out, and yesterday we walked a 17 acre plot that was

200’000 an acre for.  Nothing special.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Not looking good.  Not spending 400,000 on a place to live for a couple years.  I think we will wait until the real estate market calms down in a year or two.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass,  check out western NC areas for increasing but more reasonable housing costs.  The region around Asheville and west (except for the Tennessee border counties) has mild winters with little snow.  There are a lot of activities in the area and easy access to the Triangle area, Atlanta, Knoxville, etc.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.