Respected Contributor

Re: What Are Your Pets Like? (If you care to share).......

On 3/30/2014 graycatsrule said:
On 3/30/2014 kittykatkay said:

Miss Madi shared this beautiful & touching video on the picture posting thread. She said this kitty wasn't going to give up until she got her kisses..... So adorable.

pet and kisses

I have one kitty. Ricky will be 17 soon. I got him and his twin sister, Lucy, when they were a couple months old at a cat rescue. Lucy passed away a couple years ago. Ricky is a tall cat and is various shades of gray. He behaves alot like the cat above. This is a new behavior since he's been an only child. He gives me kisses and likes to hit me in the nose, especially when I'm sleeping and it's breakfast time.

Awwww, graycat, I bet you love it when he gives you those kisses (and I bet you laugh too, don't ya?) {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Occasional Contributor

Here are my two kitties. The black and white is Wahine. She was a rescued barn kitten at 5 weeks old. My son and his wife found a litter in a barn covered with flees and about to get eaten by cyotes. They rescued the kittens and momma cat from there and got them all homes. We took Wahine to the vet right away and had her treated for flees and started her regime of regular veterinary care (shots!), which she absolutely hates! I had just lost my dear cairn terrier mix rescue and didn't think I was ready for another pet, but when they brought her over to ask us, the first think she did was hop on top of my husbands belly and curl up and go to sleep. DH and I smiled and each other and new she was ours.

The next one is a purebred ragdoll named Popoki. Popoki is absolutely the kindest and sweetest kitty I have ever come across. She follows me everywhere and acts more like a dog than a cat. I learned of ragdoll cats from a lady I met on a cruise down the Danube of all things. When we got back to the states, DH and I talked about getting Wahine a friend since we were both gone most of the day. So we searched and found a breader in our area. We went to her house and she let her cats live in the house with her and her family. House was very clean and all cats very healthy and happy, happy, happy. She introduced us to this little sweetheart and we were smitten. She came home with us two weeks later since she was too young at the time.

All of our children are grown and out of the house now. These kitties are truly our "little girls" now and we would do anything for them. They give us nothing but love all the time and ask for nothing in return but food and litter changes. Wish kids were that easy!!LOL

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2014 deepwaterdotter said:
On 3/30/2014 Mersha said:

I am blessed with a 3 yr old male Golden Retriever.

We looked at several puppies but he was the one the came running to me and jumped in my lap. I knew he was the one.

I have had dogs all my life but he is, by far, my favorite. His tail never stops wagging and he is so good with my little ones. If I tell him they are coming for a visit, he sits by the door anxiously awaiting their arrival so he can play with them.

He sleeps beside me every night with his paw over me.

He still tries his best to sit in my lap!

And I bet he is great at playing with a tennis ball.

Hey, Deep! I hope you are well!

That is his favorite game...we have gone through a ton of them. If you see him, the ball is not too far away.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

BBLater.....I think we are all enjoying our baby stories......touches your heart, doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

I live with a 10-yr old white/grey meezer. He's a rescue cat from Hurricane Katrina. His funny habit is...sleeping in upside down paper box lids! They are everywhere in my place. BTW...he's 20lb & those box lids are all stretched out!

Also, he likes his tail to be tapped on...if I'm sitting on the couch, he'll come up to me, turn around and his tail is in my lap. I can touch/tap it for 30-40 minutes before he moves.

I've also taught him to associate licking his belly with the word "water"...he'll start licking his chops until I flick a little water on his belly! Funny!

Respected Contributor

We looked at several puppies but he was the one the came running to me and jumped in my lap. I knew he was the one.

I have had dogs all my life but he is, by far, my favorite. His tail never stops wagging and he is so good with my little ones. If I tell him they are coming for a visit, he sits by the door anxiously awaiting their arrival so he can play with them.

Mersha, I know what you mean. My little baby shih ztu (in a litter of 4) was the only one running up to me and jumping up and down. The other three ignored me, {#emotions_dlg.laugh} - they were eating. So, I knew my baby running to me was the sign to take her home and I did.

Kitty, at that point, you just know you are to be together.

Thanks for the great thread!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Awwww, BUN....that warmed my heart - what a beautiful story of your babies.

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2014 sidsmom said:

I live with a 10-yr old white/grey meezer. He's a rescue cat from Hurricane Katrina. His funny habit is...sleeping in upside down paper box lids! They are everywhere in my place.

Also, he likes his tail to be tapped on...if I'm sitting on the couch, he'll come up to me, turn around and his tail is in my lap. I can touch/tap it for 30-40 minutes before he moves.

I've also taught him to associate licking his belly with the word "water"...he'll start licking his chops until I flick a little water on his belly! Funny!

Sidsmom, OMG, that is funny! Bless you for rescuing your baby.

Respected Contributor

Mersha, I know what you mean. My little baby shih ztu (in a litter of 4) was the only one running up to me and jumping up and down. The other three ignored me, {#emotions_dlg.laugh} - they were eating. So, I knew my baby running to me was the sign to take her home and I did.

Kitty, at that point, you just know you are to be together.

Thanks for the great thread!

Mersha, you are so right.....you can't leave one that runs up to you wanting to be picked up. You're welcome about the thread....thought we'd have some fun and share our love of our pets together {#emotions_dlg.wub}....bblater.....

Frequent Contributor

Thank you he's one spoiled boy!