Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

Finished Divergent by Veronica Roth last week and really enjoyed. Will read Insurgent next.

Picked up The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty yesterday to start reading and am almost 75% done with it...really, really good book that I hope to finish today!

Contributor

Thanks! I have read many good books based on everyone's postings. Just finished Whistling Past the graveyard. I loved it.
Regular Contributor

By Myself and Then Some by Lauren Bacall. Well written account of her life, her love of acting, how she began by getting into plays, working as a model to get by. Really an enjoyable read.

Valued Contributor

On 3/9/2014 skyblue said: I am in the middle of UNBROKEN and I am totally hooked! Problem is all I want to do is read, and life is getting in the way!!

I am reading it too! Fascinating and I never ever thought I would read such a story! It will take me forever to finish it but it is excellent!!!

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 knmt said:

By Myself and Then Some by Lauren Bacall. Well written account of her life, her love of acting, how she began by getting into plays, working as a model to get by. Really an enjoyable read.

This is not new, right???

Trusted Contributor

On 3/10/2014 knmt said:

Did she write about Bogie? I thought they were a great couple. He was conscious of the fact he was so much older than she.

Trusted Contributor

I finished Above All Things by Tanis Rideout. I thought it was fantastic, but I am always mesmerized by Mount Everest and mountains and mountaineers! I thought George Mallory's life was so interesting that I got more books about him and Everest expeditions at the library. Now I am reading and enjoying Sarah Sundin's A Distant Melody, first in her Wings of Glory series, "of love, courage, and sacrifice during World War II."

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 baseballmom21 said:

Finished Divergent by Veronica Roth last week and really enjoyed. Will read Insurgent next.

Picked up The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty yesterday to start reading and am almost 75% done with it...really, really good book that I hope to finish today!

I enjoyed The Husband's Secret - a good quick pace

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 z-da! said: Thanks! I have read many good books based on everyone's postings. Just finished Whistling Past the graveyard. I loved it.

I encourage anyone who hasn't read it, to give it a go. Saw the high praises on this thread too

Honored Contributor

I know, I wrote a review on this once. Loved it. The closest thing I can compare it to is the one where an old woman, white, asks her hairdresser of many years, black, to take her down south to a funeral. A really good book. The characters were so good. I just can't think of the name of it if anyone knows?