Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Paying for Gas?

@Xivambala wrote:

I am just a bit northwest of Fort Lauderdale @SloopJohnB. Today I paid $3.80 (3.79) at a Cumberland Farms station I frequent. I never use credit cards and many times I see their price go up and down when I go in an out of the shopping center they border. 

@Xivambala   You still in Broward County?  You in Coral Springs or Parkland?  I usually just pay with a credit card because I don't want to walk in the store.  Lol. I can remember many a time that the price fluctuates so often that I drive by the Mobil that I frequent and on my return trip the price is different.  Hopefully it will continue to go down.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I don't buy gas.  Have an electric car.  Got our first one back in 2014. One of the very few that had them. At that time our range was only 100 miles. Times have changed.  This is our 2nd one.  Has a 320 mile range before charging. 

Super Contributor

$5.29 in Redding!  I have a Safeway card so I get so many points when I shop in the store.  Usually from 20 cents to 30 cents off per gallon.  I must admit I got 50 cents off per gallon one time but that was prior to the pandemic and ended up paying $1.90 per gallon just when the pandemic started!

Trusted Contributor

@songbird
You win for post of the year, as far as I'm concerned!
Go you! Smart lady.
Esteemed Contributor

In some places here in Cal. down to 5.89 reg.  Costco was 5.35 last week when I went to get a few dollars worth. I cannot fill up. Fifty dollars gave me 3/4 tank, but I already had 1/4 tank.

Gov. Newsum promises to give a tax rebate of 400.00 to all reg. car owners.

Esteemed Contributor

Funny, I live in CAl. and last week, it was 5.35 at costco.

Regular Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I don't buy gas.  Have an electric car.  Got our first one back in 2014. One of the very few that had them. At that time our range was only 100 miles. Times have changed.  This is our 2nd one.  Has a 320 mile range before charging. 

May I ask what make your previous and present electric cars are?

In our area regular gas is slightly below $4.  Unfortunately both our cars use premium which is about $4.55.

Honored Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

May I ask what make your previous and present electric cars are?

In our area regular gas is slightly below $4.  Unfortunately both our cars use premium which is about $4.55.

Our first  EV was a Nissan Leaf.  That range was about 100 miles.  We currently have a 2017 Mercedes hatchback which we got new.  That range is over 250 miles. We lease our cars.  So they are always new.  Our lease has expired and we're looking at the BMW I4 EV.  That's the one with the range of over 300 miles. Every year the range expands.  So far we've tested a Volvo EV, a Volkswagen EV, and an Ionic (I think it's from Hyundai)  We don't have a Tesla.  We never liked it.  All brands of cars now have EV's    There's a new Mercedes EV that in addition to being  electric, it has solar power panels which adds another good percentage to the range.  That one goes over 360 miles before charging it.  Very cheap to charge. And now charging stations are popping up. I don't  think we'll ever go back to gas cars. 

Don't know if you know anything about electric cars, but they look and handle like gas powered cars.  They just don't have a tail pipe. The car sits on a giant battery. and it's completely computerized.  But than most gas cars are now the same.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this particular station is in Margate in a shopping center with a Walmart I frequent. I often wonder how the pricing works. I assume the station charges based on what they paid with their last re-fill in their tanks. On the other hand, how to know their old gas price vs the new price. Can't separate the gas in the underground tanks. Tricky business! There is another Cumberland Farms, I just can't remember where now. They usually have the lowest prices. I do know I was in Fort Lauderdale to see one of my doctors yesterday, and I passed a station that was very high...over $4. I looked because I needed gas but moved on.

Honored Contributor

Southern WV; I paid $4.12 for regular at Sheetz this morning.