Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Paying for Gas?

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I looked at it this morning since I am just about down to ¼ of a tank and it is $3.59.  Close to having enough grocery store points for .20 cents off per gallon.  

@beckyb1012  which grocery store do you get your points? Mine is Kroger.  It really pays to shop there for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

$3.95 in Ft Lauderdale ⛽

@SloopJohnB  I thought Fl Lauderdale would be less. I miss Sunrise and Davie.

Honored Contributor

In New Jersey today, regular gas is 4.33 a gallon! 

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

$4.69  Phoenix

@pdlinda  really? I thought it would be less.

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

In New Jersey today, regular gas is 4.33 a gallon! 

@meallen616  wow!! Do they still pump your gas for you? When I lived in Maplewood NJ  I didn't have to get out of my car. Moved to Florida, pulled up at a pump and waited. My sister then told me, this isn't NJ, so I got out and pumped my gas and I have pumped my gas ever since. I had to learn. New Jersey spoiled me!!

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 ,

Yes they still pump our gas, thank heavens! I just sit in the car and wait for the amount to pay!

Super Contributor

$4.59 non ethanol gas, Regular is 3.99 a gal, but that is with 10% ethanol.  I buy non ethanol gas, so it is .60 cents higher,   Lincoln, Nebraska.

However, in Omaha Nebraska, a mere 50 miles to my east, they report 3.11  regular with 10% ethanol.  Same brand-Casey's.  We seem to have a monopoly in gas pricing in the city nearest me.

My son lives 350 miles across state in Sidney Ne, has a diesel pickup and pays $5.16.

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@Sage04 ,

Yes they still pump our gas, thank heavens! I just sit in the car and wait for the amount to pay!

@meallen616  I miss that so much. NJ spoiled me. Not fair lol. It was so funny when my sister told me I'll be waiting all day. That was in FL

Now I am in Georgia and I pump my own gas.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

$3.95 in Ft Lauderdale ⛽

@SloopJohnB  I thought Fl Lauderdale would be less. I miss Sunrise and Davie.

@Sage04   Some places are a little cheaper....especially if you pay with cash instead of a credit card.  Some places are a little more.  My usual gas station, a Mobil, is $3.95 today.  I actually do live in Davie!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I haven't gotten gas for several months since I never go anywhere.  However, I was out and about this morning and noticed most stations were charging $3.64/gal for regular.  I was surprised to see it had dropped so much.

@Kachina624  $3.62 at Kroger plus if you have grocery points it goes down. Even if you use all of your Points, they still give you 3 cents off. A few days ago I ha.20cents off per gallon. Now I have to go and shop to get more Points.

At my grocery store if you buy gift cards you get double the points.  So that is what I do.  Last week I bought a Taco Bell and a Whataburger.  If I am going out to eat or shop at Lowes ect..... anyway I might as well get some Gas!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."