Respected Contributor

Re: 🌺What Are You Grateful For? Do You Keep A Gratitude Journal?

@Noel7 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

My husband and daughter, which may sound kind of dorky.   Not everyone can handle having someone with a chronic illness in the family, they are very special.

I stop and think about that so often, they both do such sweet things in different ways, and we have so much fun together all the time.  There's a lot of raucous laughter in this house Woman Very Happy

My daughter and I have been having a good time planing and getting ready for Father's Day recently.

You are so right, not everyone can be a caregiver 24/7. It is so nice that you acknowledge them. 

Hi @panda1234

Well, I don't need care 24/7, I take care of myself unless I'm in the hospital, but with lupus, it's always something.  One of the hardest things is I can't really commit to plans.  You never know what the next day will be like.

But they are always there to help and to make life fun and interesting.  They care a lot, and that's a real gift Smiley Happy

So sorry to hear you have lupus, that must be very difficult. I totally understand not being able to make plans, others don't understand.  I am the caregiver and I am appreciated, that makes a huge difference. My best to you and your wonderful family.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to keep a gratitude journal. After a while I wasn’t as diligent about it and eventually stopped.  However, there are various times during the day when I like to focus on gratitude: (1) when I first wake up, before I get out of bed, I try to thank God for all my blessings and then ask for a blessing on the day before I begin (it really seems to help); and (2) when I walk - there’s something meditative about walking and thinking/being grateful for all the blessings in my life. 

I’m grateful for so many things but right now I’ll say I’m grateful for such a beautiful and magnificent earth.  Each day when I walk I’m amazed at the complexity and beauty of life, from a small wildlfower to the great blue heron. 

Honored Contributor

I am so much to be grateful for that it's ridiculous.  

Each morning I wake up and hear my 3 birds chirping or cooing, my heart sings.  My eldest bird will be 11 at the end of June and I lost his sister 2 years ago (Fourth of July).  

I have a job that may wear me out some days mentally, but I don't have to do hard labor in rotten weather conditions.

I have a car to get to my job and don't have to deal with waiting for a bus in rotten weather conditions.

I have a roof over my head that should be mine free and clear in a about a year.

My family is small but I still got 'em.

I have food to eat, a clean bed to sleep in, water to wash my clothes and bathe in.

I can afford electricity, heat and A/C when I need any of them.

I have a robust wildlife populations (birds, squirrels, ducks) that visit me in my back yard and make me feel like I live in a Disney movie.

I could go on and on and put all the readers to sleep.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@panda1234

THANK YOU, and bless you for what you do!  You are truly a gift for the person you care for, and I know how hard that is.

Heart

Respected Contributor

I don't have a written journal but each morning I start my day with reading a passage from the Bible and saying a prayer which includes things I am grateful for.  I am often grateful for this forum as we share ideas and information.

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @Noel7, I am so sorry to hear about your challenges.  You can be counted on always to be so kind and thoughtful to others when you post.  My best wishes and hugs to you.

I am most grateful to have people to love me, and people that I truly love.  When I awaken, I do honor God's greatness, express gratitude for all my blessings, and ask for guidance for the day ahead.  Like everyone else, I've had my challenges and disappointments, but I've learned to stay the course.  I have always thought of starting a gratitude journal - thanks for reminding me of this idea.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@panda1234

THANK YOU, and bless you for what you do!  You are truly a gift for the person you care for, and I know how hard that is.

Heart

That is so sweet, thank you. I do believe that is my purpose for being here, I was chosen to do this. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do not keep a gratitude journal. But I am grateful that I was raised by 2 wonderful parents (who are no longer alive). I am grateful for my husband, children, grandchildren. Also, I am grateful I can still walk most days (with my chronic spine issues, and nerve damage to my leg). I am grateful Im alive and beat breast cancer. Last but not least I am grateful that we have a nice house, food, and everything we need. And I am grateful for music which is a big part of my life.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 @Goldengate8361 @Noel7 @hckynut @MrsSweetieBear @IamMrsG @karuna @hoosieroriginal @AKgirl2 @Q4u @Mominohio @MaRina @qvcfreak 

@GCR18 @panda1234 @Mustang Shar @cotton4me @Bird mama

@Winkk @PamfromCT @Shorty2U

I hope I got everybody!

😊

Thank you for sharing!

Im grateful for ALL OF YOU!!!

💞 

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Being an asthmatic I am grateful every day for every easy breath I get. Unless you have fought for your life - you don't really understand what it's like to appreciate breathing.