Respected Contributor

Re: 🌺What Are You Grateful For? Do You Keep A Gratitude Journal?

I am grateful for "life" in every way, shape and form...

"Attitude is everything so pick a good one".

- Dr. Wayne Dyer

Honored Contributor

My biggest gratitude is still being here..... I thank God every morning.  In 2010 I fell down a flight of stairs hitting my left cheekbone full body force on the bottom bannister. Knocked out cold.  My DH heard the noise and ran in, told me later I wasn't breathing, turned me over a bit and I started breathing.  I remember so little from the fall and the days following it and sporatic memory of it for a long time (some I "remember" only because my family told me).

I went to the hospital with a concussion and three brain bleeds.  The doctors were worried I'd have to have neuro surgery to stop the bleeding (I'm told), but they spontaneously healed and the only residual problem I have is a slight balance issue and a pinched nerve in my neck.... I'll take whatever's left I'm so grateful.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Happiness is something that you are and it comes from the way you think...Dr. Wayne Dyer...

@newziesuzie wrote:

This morning I got up and felt

so sad and I know we can't eliminate

all the sadness in the world or our lives

but I decided to take steps to be more

grateful.

Im going to try a Gratitude Journal.

Have you ever kept a Gratitude Journal

snd if so do you have advice or recommendations?

Also what are you grateful for today?

TIA!

Gratitude!

Honored Contributor

I'm grateful to be living in the greatest nation in the history of man.

I'm grateful for the opportunities we have here that people in other countries can't even imagine having.

I'm grateful for my family, my health, and my community.

Respected Contributor

We have a blessings jar.

Every time we feel blessed we write it down on a slip of paper then put it in the jar.

Then I save the slips of paper and scrapbook a page with them Heart

It's fun to read and feel grateful all over again!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a gratitude journal but I do make a conscience decision to be happy every morning before I get out of bed. I'm healthy, I have a wonderful son and family.  I also try everyday to compliment someone and put a smile on someone's face. God has truly blessed me. 

Honored Contributor

I don't keep a grateful journal.  Not that I haven't been grateful in the past, but I guess I took things for granted.  After having cancer last year made me more aware of the good life I have.  I'm grateful I have my health back, excellent health insurance and drs, a generous paid leave policy at work, a good job, a nice house, family, friends and the list goes on.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

My husband and daughter, which may sound kind of dorky.   Not everyone can handle having someone with a chronic illness in the family, they are very special.

I stop and think about that so often, they both do such sweet things in different ways, and we have so much fun together all the time.  There's a lot of raucous laughter in this house Woman Very Happy

My daughter and I have been having a good time planing and getting ready for Father's Day recently.

You are so right, not everyone can be a caregiver 24/7. It is so nice that you acknowledge them. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

My husband and daughter, which may sound kind of dorky.   Not everyone can handle having someone with a chronic illness in the family, they are very special.

I stop and think about that so often, they both do such sweet things in different ways, and we have so much fun together all the time.  There's a lot of raucous laughter in this house Woman Very Happy

My daughter and I have been having a good time planing and getting ready for Father's Day recently.

You are so right, not everyone can be a caregiver 24/7. It is so nice that you acknowledge them. 

Hi @panda1234

Well, I don't need care 24/7, I take care of myself unless I'm in the hospital, but with lupus, it's always something.  One of the hardest things is I can't really commit to plans.  You never know what the next day will be like.

But they are always there to help and to make life fun and interesting.  They care a lot, and that's a real gift Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I thank God every night for the blessings of my day. I'm grateful if my mom is well that day, I'm grateful if my pup Chloe is feeling good. Thank you for the blessings of my day.❤️🙏🏻