Highlighted
Respected Contributor

🌺What Are You Grateful For? Do You Keep A Gratitude Journal?

[ Edited ]

This morning I got up and felt

so sad and I know we can't eliminate

all the sadness in the world or our lives

but I decided to take steps to be more

grateful.

Im going to try a Gratitude Journal.

Have you ever kept a Gratitude Journal

snd if so do you have advice or recommendations?

Also what are you grateful for today?

TIA!

Gratitude!

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🌺What Are You Grateful For? Do You Keep A Gratitude Journal?

I've always meant to do this, too. Maybe I will start! There are so many things I'm grateful for! My health, my 90 year old Dad, my older brother and sister, my job, my nice boss, my house, my education, my 5 cats, my abundant good food, my truck, and this QVC board of wonderful people that I only know via my iPad! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

My husband and daughter, which may sound kind of dorky.   Not everyone can handle having someone with a chronic illness in the family, they are very special.

I stop and think about that so often, they both do such sweet things in different ways, and we have so much fun together all the time.  There's a lot of raucous laughter in this house Woman Very Happy

My daughter and I have been having a good time planing and getting ready for Father's Day recently.

Honored Contributor

1) For still being among the living and my family.

2) My journal sits atop my shoulders. Not that complicated.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

1) For still being among the living and my family.

2) My journal sits atop my shoulders. Not that complicated.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Yes, that, too Smiley Happy  You and I both have beat death many times.

Trusted Contributor

My SweetieBear and The Trades.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor

Agreed, filing gratitude "above your shoulders" is not that complicated; however, when I kept a journal, I found myself consciously looking for things for which to be grateful.  Taking time to record it at the end of each day is a great reminder to be open to it all day long. 

Additionally, being grateful isn't only about the big stuff, e.g., good health, family, etc.  I can be extraordinarily grateful for a good scoop of ice cream.  Woman LOL

I keep getting "An Unexpected Error has occurred.  An Unexpected Error has occurred." flashed at me.  I wonder what will happen when I click "Post."  An Expected Error, maybe?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I'm grateful for having had loving , hard working parents who taught me to be fair, kind and tolerant, at least I try. I'm grateful for having had a job for many years , which allowed me to retire, and enjoy the rest of my life. Most of all, I'm very, very grateful for good health, reading these boards, and learning about the struggles of others, I will never take that for granted,

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Most of all my good health, for my dogs Story, Sedona and my sweet Scully up in heaven that died a year ago this month.  I'm so grateful I had him in my life for 16 1/2 years.  Grateful for my home and my simple life, my great friends. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes I do.  I think, like meditation, it can take time to get into a new routine, to shift how you think etc.

Take the pressure off...no need to write everyday, or something that would win a noble peace prize.   Just begin, enjoy the process and looking back on what you were grateful for, maybe on a day everything feels it's quickly descending.