Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Doing This Week-End?

@gidgetgh wrote:

I've been way too busy lately- too many tasks and I'm tired. Tomorrow I plan to make a brief stop at Dillard's.  I'm looking for something specific so that shouldn't take very long. Then lunch out with my husband and then home, where I'm going to hurl myself into my recliner and not move till Monday. 

If I'm feeling really inspired, I might color my hair Sunday morning. 

@gidgetgh

That sounds like a divine weekend! 😊

Respected Contributor

Grocery shopping and laundry. I clean the house every other weekend and this is my weekend "off". Tomorrow afternoon, DH and I have our eye exams after which we'll be going to pick out new glasses.

Respected Contributor

Our weather is finally cooling down.  I will be digging holes and planting some shrubs that have been patiently waiting their final home.  Then there is weed wacking and general weeding that I have been putting off.

DH wants me to make soup so he can take some to his sister who is dealing with cancer.

May hit the garden center who is having a 50% off sale.

Respected Contributor

What I won't be doing is buying Kristmas Kwap from QVC during this lovely September week-end. To everything there is a season and I don't jump the gun and bypass fall.

Esteemed Contributor

Dancing Saturday and Sunday.  Big square dance events.  All packed and ready to go. 

Respected Contributor

* Doing floor plans to show possible layouts for furnishings in the care facility to which my stepmother, 92, and father, 94, are suddenly moving.

* Planning trip (5-hour drive each way) this week  (a) to move father from hospital, where he had surgery yesterday after breaking leg Thursday, into rehab wing of a nursing home for two weeks of therapy and (b) to move stepmother from their home into their new place at care center where Dad will join her soon.

* Feeling grateful! Grateful that I took early retirement and have time to help the parents! (We have been managing their fulltime in-home care and other needs and going back and forth for a couple of years.) Grateful that the right care center unit opened up just when we needed it. Grateful for the best stepsister in the world. Grateful to HAVE parents to worry about at my age. Grateful for my husband who jumps in consistently to help. Grateful for all the good people we have met along the way, from doctors and nurses to parents' good neighbor's and friends. A sad time yet love is everywhere.

Frequent Contributor

DH does the grocery shopping every Sat. morning.

Depending on the Season we watch Football, NASCAR, or Baseball mainly.

I'm handicapped so that prevents some activities. 

(Beat Lung cancer) We socialize with the neighbors, our grown daughters, grandchildren & 1 Great-grandchild.

That fills up our weekends. Oh, and I cook the dinners.

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo