Frequent Contributor

Re: What Are Y'all Doing In This Heat and What Are You Eating On Hot Days Like This?

I'm in Northeast Texas, so I am used to the heat. If I have things to do, I get out early and get them done. Luckily, we've only had one day so far to hit 100, but come August and there will be many more of those. Don't want to wish my life away, so I'm not ready for fall yet. It will come soon enough (and that means Holidays, which I never look forward to). We grill out a lot and salads are on the menu frequently!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are Y'all Doing In This Heat and What Are You Eating On Hot Days Like This?

Last week I spent the week down at the beach. I only came back this weekend because I had a charity event to attend. I will be driving back down the beach tomorrow morning. I swam a lot last week in the pool and in the ocean. I also paddleboarded and did a little jet skiing, kayaking and did a little windboarding. Exercising while on the water or in the water is much more palatable when it is this hot out. 

Like most places, it has been really hot here the past couple of weeks. The humidity level has also been anywhere between 50-70%. Being down at the beach is a little better because you get that nice breeze. I hopefully will be staying down there until the first or second. I really didn't want to have to come back this weekend, I was enjoying myself down there but I didn't really have a choice. 

I can't imagine living during a time when air conditioning wasn't available. That would have been just brutal. I really admire Willis Carrier and totally appreciate him!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I live in PA and its been in the 90s but feels like over 100. I'm doing the same things I do when its not hot like this. Monday, Tuesdays and part of the day Saturdays I have 2 of my grandkids and we go down to the park or sit on the porch. (not the whole day we do come in for food and drinks etc to take breaks from the heat). The other days I'm in air a lot yes but I go out after 6 to sit on the porch. I am glad for the heat (minus the electric bill). Anything is better than snow!(I am actullly outside way more now. I dont go out in snow and ice for fear of falling and messing my back up worse). Anyway I do however pity my son and my husband who work in manufacturing in this heat!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@luv-the-Q

I'm watering the back yard for the sake of the trees, but mostly the squirrels and birds.  My squirrels stretch out like road kill on the wet grass, to cool down.

While I'm out there, I let the sprinkler oscillate over me a couple of times, then I come inside :-)

OMGOODNESS - I bet those squirrels look so cute stretched out.  I love squirrels and chipmonks too.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in WA state and we just started this week, with warm weather. My heat came on a few days ago as it has been cloudy and cool and rainy. this week we should be in the 80* range, no humidity,  but nothing near what you poor follks are going thru.