Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Y'all Doing In This Heat and What Are You Eating On Hot Days Like This?

@Mellie32 wrote:

I've got my Cuddle Duds sweater/jacket on.  

@Mellie32  And don't forget to layer more clothing under those Cuddle Duds/Sweater/Jacket.....and cover up with a Berkshire throw Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Y'all Doing In This Heat and What Are You Eating On Hot Days Like This?

@Leeny wrote:

You have your cuddle dud sweater on? Where is that you live? It's been so hot here that even with the A/C on I wouldn't need that. It has been so hot here that it's been the worst summer in years.

@Leeny  i think that's what you call SARCASM because that is what all the host are URGING the viewers to wear and practically all they show and say you can wear in the summer and transition into fall......and after all the A/C is sooooooo cold.....BRRRRRR!!! Woman WinkWoman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's 102 here in TX---wearing a tank top and shorts---staying in the air conditioned house and am not venturing out today!  I have been eating salads and drinking lots of iced water and iced tea.....I don't feel like cooking at all!!  Keeping my fingers crossed that we will get some rain that the weather forecasters have been promising even though it's only a slight chance...Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

We had a cool spring here up north, but about a month ago it started getting hot.  I finally broke down and bought a window AC unit this morning.  It's been on for an hour but has only cooled the room 2 degrees (to 86).  That doesn't seem right!  I got a portable air conditioner years ago from QVC, but it never worked right.  I should have sent it back.  Since I gave my window unit to my neighbors when I got that, I've been without AC since then. 

I'm right up the hill from the Atlantic Ocean, and the sea air is cool and sweet at night, but it's been brutal during the day.  My poor cat has been suffering.  When I turned the AC on, he got up on the table in front of the unit and sat for a while.  I need to visit my parents, but I'm going to do it next weekend, when they're expecting temps in the 70s.  I've been afraid to leave my cat alone in the heat without at least being here to put a fan on him. 

I used to love the summer and still do, but I've developed an appreciation for the four seasons.  I love the winter blizzards when everything slows down and I sit on my window seat and watch the world go by.  In the summer, I watch TV from there and smell the cool, sweet, refreshing ocean air at night.  I grew up a hop, skip, and a jump outside of Boston and have never smelled such wonderful breezes--even at Revere Beach (America's first public beach) in its heyday.

@Ms X  I do feel sorry not only for the humans but the animals too (pets and those out in the wild)......  your poor kitty....

Honored Contributor

78 degrees today here in the PNW.   I oversept so did not get my shower and really get going until noon.  Having a shrimp stir fry over sauteed spinach for dinner.  I am sitting here wishing I had some ice cream for dessert but too lazy to go to the store.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing much-just sitting. It is 95 in Ca now. Talking to the cats. Started a Hallmark movie and looking at the news and the terrible fire. Hoping no one perishes.

Maybe I will make some popcorn to munch on. Got to take the garbage cans out to the curb.

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

I am resting on my couch in the air conditioning... and having left over bow tie pasta from yesterday.

TOO HOT!  What are you doing and eating on days like this.  Ready for FALL!

Image result for animated funny sweating in the heat

@shell garden well we are running the A/C eating light.

Some stores have fall items including clothing already ITS CRAZY! 

Esteemed Contributor

@MaRina....I ain't buying nothing fall/winter yet.  LOL, that is crazy.  Stay cool sweetie.  Another hot week here coming up.

Esteemed Contributor

@nrm wrote:

@shell garden Yup! That looks like me! It dipped down to 97 today! I stayed inside w/ the a/c on then went shopping after it cooled off. 

Can't wait til Fall!

Stay cool nrm.  Can't wait til cooler weather also.  Whewwwwww.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@shell    Let's  put it this way.  I am sitting in my refridgerator!   lol

@BalletBabe....LOL, I see ya!

Image result for sitting inside a refrigerator@ Shell     too funny!!!!  where is my cable tv?

LOL....move over......it is HOT.  Cable?  Not happening, maybe next year.  ROTF.