Honored Contributor

What Are The Odds of having problems with two new purchases?

[ Edited ]

I ordered a hedge trimmer and a chain saw this month.  Two different brands. I researched them both online.  Each had 5 star ratings and hundreds of them.  The chainsaw came with a dead lithium ion battery,  the hedge trimmer had a problem where the battery connects to the trimmer and  the trimmer would did not stay on when using it.

I returned the hedge trimmer.....  so need to find a new one.  The chainsaw customer service is sending me a new ( hopefully not dead) battery so I can test it out.

What  are the odds of having problems with two brand new products? Just dumb luck I guess. 

Have you you had issues with new products like this?  I just wonder if it is tied to things being made so fast, and no quality control?

Respected Contributor

Re: What Are The Odds of having problems with two new purchases?

Can't imagine a battery driven chainsaw would work out too well.  I love Black and Decker products - I think you should go to an electric chainsaw - I have a Greenworks I got on HSN and it is fabulous! 

Check Black and Decker hedgetrimmers too.  I have tried every weedeater in the world and Black and Decker always hold up well. 

Honored Contributor

I hate to be cynical but the odds are probably very good.  I have terrible luck with many products.  LOL  It's like nothing works well or is made well anymore.

I'm ready to push my stove right out into the street and hope it gets smashed by a truck.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with poster on rush manufacturing.  Bought a hedge trimmer combination from Q - 2 yrs ago - put one trimmer selection on and could not get it off so the other option trimmer could be connected.  There was something else wrong - can't remember.  They are making these things so fast and so cheap.............The box was destroyed in opening, so I had to cut lots of cardboard -use lots of tape - lots of work to get it suitable to ship back.  Q did refund the $ and for the shipping.  I did not reorder that product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far so good for me.   I've  purchased Worx products at local retail with good results.   I wanted to upgrade to something bigger & better.    Purchased a Kobalt string trimmer.  It's a piece of carp.    But it works, so I'm going to keep it at least through this summer.   It was a mark-down.   Figures.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I ordered a hedge trimmer and a chain saw this month.  Two different brands. I researched them both online.  Each had 5 star ratings and hundreds of them.  The chainsaw came with a dead lithium ion battery,  the hedge trimmer had a problem where the battery connects to the trimmer and  the trimmer would did not stay on when using it.

I returned the hedge trimmer.....  so need to find a new one.  The chainsaw customer service is sending me a new ( hopefully not dead) battery so I can test it out.

What  are the odds of having problems with two brand new products? Just dumb luck I guess. 

Have you you had issues with new products like this?  I just wonder if it is tied to things being made so fast, and no quality control?

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 of those epilators that were battery powered and neither of them worked.

Honored Contributor

All of my outdoor equipment is battery operated at this point.  I don't want to have to buy gas, oil, and deal with maintainance.  I have gardeners who come twice a month to do the major work, but in between times, these products have worked out very well for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a handful of Timex watches.  Of the several I bought, one does not work.

I am working on getting a refund.  I have lost a bit of confidence in the brand.

I really liked that watch, but I doubt I will re-order.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I just bought a handful of Timex watches.  Of the several I bought, one does not work.

I am working on getting a refund.  I have lost a bit of confidence in the brand.

I really liked that watch, but I doubt I will re-order.

@Sweetbay magnolia  I thought they could take a lickin and keep on tickin~~~~AHHHHH, guess not~~~~~anymore!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, it makes you wonder.

Cogito ergo sum