Respected Contributor

Just stepped out on my front porch to have my cup of coffee. Humidity is 96%, temperature is only 78 but we are forecasted for low 90's today here on MD eastern shore.  This will be a sit and sweat day I'm sure.  We will enjoy these remaining hot days of summer until maybe October when Fall rolls in.  Hope winter is short and warmer. 

Honored Contributor

It is the same around here, outside Philadelphia.

You go outside and the humidity slaps you in the face. We haven't had rain in a week. Guess all the moisture is floating around in the air.

Honored Contributor

i am so ready for AUTUMN!.....even WINTER!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Wet blanket

[ Edited ]

Live in DC suburbs of MD, weather hot, humid and the aroma in the air is thick and stale as it always is this time of year; always disliked Summer.  Waiting patiently for lovely Fall and weather when the air is crisp, smells clear and clean!

Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick   Same here in NE PA, just muggy and miserable. We had a  ton of rain a few days ago but nothing since.

Think of a perfect spring day or a perfect fall day, now that is my kind of weather.  Summers/winters have gotten to be too extreme.

Respected Contributor

It rained here yesterday late afternoon...we got 4.5 inches in a few hours but it sure didn't break up the humidity. But summer is my favorite time to be outside so I am loving it in moderation. No running for me today...

Trusted Contributor

Here in SW PA we have had the most beautiful weekend. Sunny with blue skies and white fluffy clouds. Yesterday was in the mid-eighties and today my phone is saying 89 degrees, but it sure doesn't feel that hot. I think because the humidity and dew point are low and we have a good breeze. I spent all afternoon yesterday and today in the pool with family and friends. Have to get our last hoorah in because we'll probably be closing up the pool in the next couple weeks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wet blanket

[ Edited ]

It was 99 here a few hours ago, Currently 91,  I'm south of Pittsburgh.

Looking so forward to cooler  & cold weather.

Valued Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Just stepped out on my front porch to have my cup of coffee. Humidity is 96%, temperature is only 78 but we are forecasted for low 90's today here on MD eastern shore.  This will be a sit and sweat day I'm sure.  We will enjoy these remaining hot days of summer until maybe October when Fall rolls in.  Hope winter is short and warmer. 

Arrgghh!  I have to be in Crownsville Sept. 10 & 11 at an outside event!  Fingers crossed the humidity comes down by then.    :smileyfrustrated:

Trusted Contributor

I love autumn - unfortunately, it leads to winter.......Smiley Sad