Respected Contributor

Re: Westminster dog show starts tonight!

It was pretty. I can't find any love for the Pekingese. Bless its heart! Lol

Respected Contributor

Personally, I am rooting for Poodles and Border Collies! Heart and eye candy!  

Poodles rank high on the intelligence scale although mine does not quite measure up: having nine other litter mates, somebody in her family was bound to come up a taco short of a combination plate, but she has heart!  

Our Border Collie is intelligent to a fault-and she is so sensitive to our moods.  She would make a fantastic therapy dog except for one small problem: she doesn't do so well with outsiders.

Oh well, you can't win  'em all!

Mixed breed or pure bred, dogs rock!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I turned it on last night to see which groups were going to be shown.  My group, working group for the boxer, is on tonight.

All of the breeds specific to the groups that will be shown tonight, will be judged this afternoon and that will be broadcast on Nat Geo Wild at 2:00. I plan on taping that.  I want to see all the boxers who compete to see how they choose the one who will compete this evening.

As an aside, my dog loves the dog shows.  She literally will sit and watch them.  Poor thing thinks the dogs are in our backyard.  Periodically she will run to our sliding patio door and look out to try and find them.  LOL   

Honored Contributor

I love all dogs! But I wish the Golden Retriever would win sometime. They've never won.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love all dogs! But I wish the Golden Retriever would win sometime. They've never won.

@SilleeMee I agree about Goldens never winning.  I feel like the rough coated Collie gets pretty much neglected too.  I guess breed popularity comes in spurts.  Oh well!  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1

You are so right about Goldens, they along with the Labradors have NEVER won BIS.  Labs have won best in group once or twice, but I don't think Goldens have done that.  Just SO wrong!  So sad  - where's the love?  Both are so smart, loving, and eager to please!

These doggies may not be popular with the judges, but Labs have been the #1 dog in the US for years.

Go figure.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Was rooting for the Japanese Chin. We  had them when I was a child.

I love Japanese Chin.  I had one for 13 years.  He died a year and a half ago.  I really miss him.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Love the TERRIERS,  especially the AIREDALES.  This is my girl taking a nap!

Abby napping.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee I agree about Goldens never winning.  I feel like the rough coated Collie gets pretty much neglected too.  I guess breed popularity comes in spurts.  Oh well!  

@Citrine1,

A breeder once told me that she thought the Goldens never won because there were too many of them around...?? I never quite understood her remark but my guess is that since there are so many goldens around, it could be bad for the breed to become popular once again making them prone to more breeding problems which is pretty much a common thing with Goldens like cancer and lymphomas. Another bad thing about the breed is their life-expectancy has plummeted and many suspect it's from over-breeding.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 Your dog is so cute Heart

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"