Honored Contributor

Wes Craven has died of brain cancer at age 76.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wes-craven-dead_55e3ac71e4b0aec9f353a177?ir=Entertainment&sectio...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Wow I had no idea. RIP. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I really can't say I would miss a guy like that.  What did he actually do for society/world that made it any better? 

Victims of murders and their families and loved ones are devastated when such crimes occur to alter their lives.  Those slasher, murder, maime, torture, films only glamorized it all and he put it all out there for what........entertainment? 

He certainly didn't put out an example of anything for people to follow.  He's gone and left his damage with us.  There have been incidences of some young people mimicing the violence and gore in actual living reality. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Re: Wes Craven Has Died

[ Edited ]

RIP dear sir!  You made my nightmares more fun.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

May he RIP.  Brain cancer is a terrible thing.  I loved his Scream movies.  I thought they were a real kick.

Super Contributor

A truly talented human being - and a great director.  May he RIP.

Honored Contributor

So many people loved his movies and had fun with them.  Scary movies have always been popular.

I liked the Scream take-offs, those really were funny,

Saw an interview with him and he didn't seem like a scary guy at all.

Super Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

So many people loved his movies and had fun with them.  Scary movies have always been popular.

I liked the Scream take-offs, those really were funny,

Saw an interview with him and he didn't seem like a scary guy at all.

So true about Wes Craven and his movies.  And it seems that many in the horror movie industry are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.  Especially the actors - although their performances onscreen are scary, many are far from that in real life. Actor Peter Cushing, famous for his roles in the British Hammer horror films, was a true gentleman.  An animal lover and vegetarian, he was devoted to his beloved wife Violet.  When she passed away in 1971 Cushing never remarried, although he lived for another 23 years.  Sir Christoper Lee, who passed away in June,  descended from Italian nobility and was an RAF Intelligence Officer in WWII.  And like his frequent co-star Peter Cushing, a true gentleman as well.

Honored Contributor

MissRose, thank you for that information!

Super Contributor

My pleasure, NoelSeven! Woman Happy