Respected Contributor

Went to Walgreens today, what an adventure !

I scheduled my Omicron vaccine online 2 days ago, had a 11:30 appt. The pharmacy had a sign up that they were short of help and the wait could be up to 1 hr. They were right, I didn't get the shot until about 12:30. Several others were waiting as well, no one got upset, it's the way it is right now. There was also 2 large carts of supplies just setting in the hallway by the pharmacy, no workers ever came to move it or start putting things away the entire time I was there. Help wanted signs are everywhere. I felt bad for the employees trying to keep things moving. It's been 4 hrs now and my arm is starting to feel a little painful when I lift it. I made sure I got the vaccination on my non dominant side

Honored Contributor

Re: Went to Walgreens today, what an adventure !

Walgreens was a trip even when times weren't so bad.  There's one less than a 1/4 mile from my home but I stopped going there years ago.

Honored Contributor

After carefully sequestering myself for months, last October I picked up a case of Covid while waiting my turn for a booster at a Walgreen's Pharmacy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

After carefully sequestering myself for months, last October I picked up a case of Covid while waiting my turn for a booster at a Walgreen's Pharmacy.

That's a nightmare!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The closest Walgreens where I live is a joke. The service was better when it was Rite Aid .

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I scheduled my Omicron vaccine online 2 days ago, had a 11:30 appt. The pharmacy had a sign up that they were short of help and the wait could be up to 1 hr. They were right, I didn't get the shot until about 12:30. Several others were waiting as well, no one got upset, it's the way it is right now. There was also 2 large carts of supplies just setting in the hallway by the pharmacy, no workers ever came to move it or start putting things away the entire time I was there. Help wanted signs are everywhere. I felt bad for the employees trying to keep things moving. It's been 4 hrs now and my arm is starting to feel a little painful when I lift it. I made sure I got the vaccination on my non dominant side

Congrats on getting your booster! I got mine at the Publix pharmacy yesterday. I had a little wait but it wasn't too bad.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624, that's the reason I've been getting my shots only at hospital locations. Two different locations and they both have scheduled times spaced out, one entrance in and a different exit out, and ample spaced out post-shot waiting areas. And of course, everyone wearing a mask. 

I'm still wearing mask when I'm around people. I love that I haven't had my usual sinus infections in years, and the pollen and ragweed hasn't been an issue. 

I've found the quality of a Walgreens varies by locations. There's one I no longer waste my time going to.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624wrote: After carefully sequestering myself for months, last October I picked up a case of Covid while waiting my turn for a booster at a Walgreen's Pharmacy.

Exactly why I continue to wear my mask indoors where ever I go including church. Several of us older folks were wearing our masks in Walgreens, some people were not including the Walgreens staff. Everyone has the right to do what they prefer.

Valued Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

The closest Walgreens where I live is a joke. The service was better when it was Rite Aid .

Same here only Walgreens is the only game in town!

Honored Contributor

I got the 2 shingle shots (400.00) and the free Flu shot both at local grocery store.