Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Runner26 

Oh, good for you!

I am still a little unclear why anyone who has applied for and received a passport still needs a Real ID.    How annoying. 

@Tinkrbl44 

I have a Passport, and the Real ID. It's not mandatory it just a preference. I do not like to take my passport around with me in country.  It's much easier with the DL.

@icezeus  most people associate the Passport with international travel. Also if you lose your Passpost it cost more to replace it than it does to replace your license. A license fits perfectly in your wallet. I know some people also apply for a passport Card  but the Card can't be used for international travel by air.

Honored Contributor

Re: Went to DMV

[ Edited ]

Here in our city in Texas if you go to one of these DMV's that look like its been there since "ancient times" you will stand in a crowded long slow moving line for hours.....Now if you are lucky to have one of these new modernized very much automated DMV facilities these are very fast and efficient.....you are out of there in no time at all.................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Here in our city in Texas if you go to one of these DMV's that look like its been there since "ancient times" you will stand in a crowded long slow moving line for hours.....Now if you are lucky to have one of these new modernized very much automated DMV facilities these are very fast and efficient.....you are out of there in no time at all.................

@Spurt now that you mention it in all the years we still have only the original DMV.  No remodel or other locations.  I started back when I was 15 with my hardship.  I had not thought at all how I have been going inside that same building since 1976.  YIKES,  it looks it too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt now that you mention it in all the years we still have only the original DMV.  No remodel or other locations.  I started back when I was 15 with my hardship.  I had not thought at all how I have been going inside that same building since 1976.  YIKES,  it looks it too.

@beckyb1012 

I thought of the DMV as a necessary evil that had to be endured like a colonoscopy ....LOL!!!  Then my sister gave a revelation of a new and improved DMV not far from where I lived---WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@beckyb1012 

I thought of the DMV as a necessary evil that had to be endured like a colonoscopy ....LOL!!!  Then my sister gave a revelation of a new and improved DMV not far from where I lived---WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE

@Spurt  the one in my area is about 10 minutes from where I live. It's clean and just amazing. There are at least 17 windows and everything is so organized. By the time you sit down, your number is called. Now if only they can do something about those cameras lol. I blame the cameras for putting out those pictures!!

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@beckyb1012 

@Spurt  the one in my area is about 10 minutes from where I live. It's clean and just amazing. There are at least 17 windows and everything is so organized. By the time you sit down, your number is called. Now if only they can do something about those cameras lol. I blame the cameras for putting out those pictures!!

It is now going to be 8 years till have to go back in person and get an updated picture.  If necessary to get another I will have to meet you two for lunch then go to one of the newer DMV.Woman LOL

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Runner26 

Oh, good for you!

I am still a little unclear why anyone who has applied for and received a passport still needs a Real ID.    How annoying. 

@Tinkrbl44 

I have a Passport, and the Real ID. It's not mandatory it just a preference. I do not like to take my passport around with me in country.  It's much easier with the DL.

@icezeus  most people associate the Passport with international travel. Also if you lose your Passpost it cost more to replace it than it does to replace your license. A license fits perfectly in your wallet. I know some people also apply for a passport Card  but the Card can't be used for international travel by air.

@Sage04 

it is very easy to have and use both.

passport card for your wallet if you like, passport book for when you travel internationally. it is honestly worth it to just get both.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I just received my Real I.D. driver's license!

Esteemed Contributor

@Runner26 wrote:

I just received my Real I.D. driver's license!

@Runner26  Congratulations!! Did you recognize the person in the picture? lol

Regular Contributor

@Sage04  Unfortunately, it's my face.