Respected Contributor

After shopping for hours buying a bed mattress and then some Halloween and Christmas fabric, my DD and I decided to stop at Chuck a Rama to eat.  I have a big plate of salad in front of me and then look over at the booth next to our table.  Bad decision.  The man seated across from his wife was throwing up.  He filled his plate and their two empty glasses.  Then they got up quickly and left.  The waitress came over to clean up and just stood there.  My DD told her to be careful with that.  The waitress says, is that what I think it is?  Yep.  Poor woman had a heckk of a time dealing with it.  Then she got a pan of sanitizer and wiped down the whole booth.  Then she told us that she soaked her hands in a sink of strong sanitizer.   So you never know if you're going to be next to sit in that booth.  And that's one way of making people sick (pun intended).

They didn't leave the waitress a tip either.  DD and I gave her 10 bucks because she deserved it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Went to Chuck A Rama today

@Scooby DooBless your heart!  This sounds like a bad episode of "What WouldYou DO"   You are good people for your kindness to the cleanup person.

Trusted Contributor

No matter how embarrassed or something genuinely ill going on with that couple, running out without warning the management of the mess and leaving no tip is just people behaving badly. 

I’m not saying they ought to have gotten gloves and a bucket of cleanser to get to work on their own, but just running off with no consideration for the staff or other patrons is disgusting and malicious. Inexcusable.

Knowing human nature, they are unlikely to return to that establishment again any time soon, lest they be recognized, so I think the waitress is safe from a repeat of this gross unpleasantness.

It was remarkably thoughtful, humane and generous of you to reach deep in your pocket and supply extra compensation to that unfortunate worker. I admire you. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry, waaay TMI for me.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo  is chuck a rama actually the name of the restaurant?  just wondering. i've never heard of it, and it seems like a odd name for a place to eat. too much like chunk a rama. lol

Respected Contributor

Poor lady! 

Waitressing is such a hard job.

🤮

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo Maybe it’s Chuck E. Cheese brother🤣

Honored Contributor

Maybe it should be called 'Up-Chuck A Rama', seems more appropriate. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought you were kidding with that awful name for a restaurant, @Scooby Doo, but I did a search and there it was with several locations in Utah.

I just can’t handle buffet-style restaurants.

Honored Contributor

Of course they left quickly. They were probably so mortified that the last thing on their minds was leaving a tip. I say this having gone through something even worse recently.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland