Honored Contributor

Re: Went To Party Last Night and I was Bad, Bad Bad and My Body Let Me Know It Was Mad, Mad, Mad

Been there, done that, cussed myself out and will no doubt do it again and probably in the very near future.

Must admit I was better at Thanksgiving this year than year's past but I feel like I have to try it all and many times to know whether it was good!! So Christmas watch out I am on my way.

Remember Christmas is only once a year. Take today and tomorrow off and you will be ready to go again. I bet it was only one bite that pushed you to your knees.

You made that hosts day enjoying all her hard work to make you happy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Went To Party Last Night and I was Bad, Bad Bad and My Body Let Me Know It Was Mad, Mad, Mad

vickisok: How are you feeling?

Regular Contributor

i'm so sorry you were sick! Yes my body definitely lets me know if I've overdone it. The only thing you can do is dust yourself off, brush your teeth (LOL!) and wait it out. You'll feel better and get back on your routine in no time. Transgressions happen but hopefully are few and far between - that's life Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Vicki, I did exactly the same thing yesterday. I usually eat healthy and eliminate all dairy and wheat. Well yesterday, I just dove in and ate whatever I wanted and today I am paying a price for it.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I am only eating one meal today and making it very light. That is usually all it takes to get rid of the pound or two I gain when I eat to excess.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

Meant to say.....feel better soon! Eat very lightly today.

Super Contributor

On 12/22/2014 sidsmom said:

vickisok: How are you feeling?

I have felt very sluggish all day and not able to get any of my walking in. I know it was just a fluke, but I really hated the aftermath of all that eating.

My friend told me today how glad she was to see me eating and how it DID make her day. She is always saying I'm too thin and worries about me. I know I'm too thin, but I honestly feel good so just stick to my regular eating habits. I never told her about how I felt later. Love her too much to do that. Told my husband next time we are with them, he is not to say anything either.

Like I said it was totally my own doing and I do know better, but darn it that gal can cook some great food,, lol.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'll be fine, just need to get back on track. OH DEAR, Christmas is a coming and there will be more good eats, lol.

Vicki

Respected Contributor

Welcome to my world! I lack that serotonin switch that says, "enough is enough already". There are times I have to run to use the facilities.

Fortunately, the holidays are no different than any other day for me as I have a small family and we don't go through all the fuss.

I truly feel what you are saying. It would be nice to find that happy medium.

Honored Contributor

Just a little PSA: Studies have shown there are more Heart Attacks & Strokes this time of year. Just one high fat meal can wreak havoc on your system. If you have Heart Disease & arterial plaque, all that saturated fat gets sticky...catches on existing plaque & could rupture. A fun celebration quickly turns into 911.

Fatty meals, holiday stress, no sleep, alcohol....just not worth it for one day of the year. Just like drinking & driving, there might not be a next time.

There's a Bayer comm'l saying "heart attacks don't give notice"...and the lady gets a note that says "Your Heart Attack arrives in 2 days". Poignant, indeed.

Trusted Contributor

It's okay to eat rich foods once in a while, not on a regular basis. But you knew that.

To answer your question, I have never been one to over-indulge with either food or alcohol for the simple reason that it makes me feel sick. Don't get me wrong--I indulge {#emotions_dlg.devil2}, I just can't stuff myself. It takes all the fun out of eating when it makes you sick afterwards!

Super Contributor

When you're not used to eating that kind of food, it goes right through you. I end up in the bathroom all night with diarrhea when I eat like that. I have learned to not overdo it and not stuff myself.