Honored Contributor

Re: Wendy's Birthday Cake Frosty

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45   Oh....It's looking like the birthday cake frosty is for Wendy's 50th birthday.  I sure hope it doesn't replace vanilla for an entire year's celebration!

Yeah, those key fobs @gidgetgh  are really a great deal. And I find that a junior frosty is just enough sweets to satisfy me.  I don't need a small size.

By the way, I once read a biography of Dave Thomas and it was surprisingly interesting.  I was staying at a friend of mine's house out of town and that was about the only book in the guest room bookcase that interested me. It was so interesting that when it was time for me to leave, I borrowed it from my friend to finish it (and later returned it).  Early days of fast food, including how Colonel Sanders got started with KY Fried Chicken. And Dave Thomas worked for him and learned a lot from him before he started Wendy's. The early days of fast food are pretty interesting.  Including the film The Founder with Michael Keaton as McDonald's founder Ray Croc.  I really enjoyed that and in fact may go start a thread about it in the Movies forum.

@Pearlee  I haven't been in a Wendy's for many years but found the movie about McDonald's & Ray Kroc really interesting!  It's an amazing American sucess story.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had both the frosty and the sundae. It wasn't on the same day, I promise!

I liked both. But to be honest all you have to say is the flavor is birthday cake and I'm in! 

The sundae had sugar cookies and sprinkles. The cookie pieces were really good and there were so many. I'll definitely be getting it again if I'm ever in the neighborhood (and I'll be making sure I am!). Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I’m seeing “birthday cake” flavor more and more. I won’t choose it. To me the only taste it has is “sweet.”

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

I could go for either one right now.

Might have to throw on my coat and make a Wendy's run.

Esteemed Contributor

My son and I get the key fobs for frosty. I like chocolate, but he gets vanilla. He takes it to work where he and his Chow Cora share it. (Chocolate is bad for dogs.).

When he shows her a plastic spoon she dances in circles wagging!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

https://image.businessinsider.com/5dcc1b54695b58765049bb9a?width=600&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Whoa didn't know they had a Birthday Cake Frosty Cookie Sundae, wow I have been missing out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Most of the Wendy’s have closed in our area....
Honored Contributor

@cromer. You haven't missed it for long. It's new and Wendy's has just started promoting it. I did really like the sundae that recently ended, the one with vanilla frosty, chocolate cho cookie pieces and Ghiradelli chocolate syrup. It was yummy and so worth $1.99.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@cromer. You haven't missed it for long. It's new and Wendy's has just started promoting it. I did really like the sundae that recently ended, the one with vanilla frosty, chocolate cho cookie pieces and Ghiradelli chocolate syrup. It was yummy and so worth $1.99.

Ahhh...thought this had been going on longer. That does sound like a good sundae...must go to a Wendy's soon. Yum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I did not know Wendy's had a vanilla Frosty either. I have not had one in years. Wikipedia says the Chocolate came out in 1969 which is actually chocolate vanilla. Consumers requested vanilla so they came out with it in 2006.

There is no real vanilla in it must be the reason for the off taste.

Ingredients in the Vanilla are Milk, sugar, corn syrup, cream, whey, nonfat milk, guar gum, mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, carrageenan, calcium sulfate, disodium phosphate, natural and artificial flavors, annatto extract, vitamin a palmitate.

The Birthday Cake is limited addition for their 50th anniversary. Another new treat, the Birthday Cake Frosty Cookie Sundae, is being added to the fast-food giant's menu. It's a birthday cake Frosty topped with pieces of sugar cookie and sprinkles.

@Nightowlz   I wasn't complaining at all about the taste of the vanilla one, which tastes like vanilla to me no matter what its ingredients are. It's the birthday cake one I dislike and it replaced vanilla as a frosty (at least temporarily) at the Wendy's I went to today. The frosty is separate from the birthday cookie sundae dessert you mentioned.

@Pearlee 

I know I was just posting the ingredients so you could see it does not have real vanilla in it. I assumed that before looking it up with the price of vanilla today. I did not know they had the vanilla frosty or the birthday cake sundae.