Esteemed Contributor

Re: Welp, Here We Go Again. Power Outage Round 2

@Anonymous032819   I admire your attitude! Hopefully your power won't be off long. The winds and fire look terrible on T V. 
  AND I hope you have many battery candles. Keep safe!

Frequent Contributor

We have been receiving messages from the county and PG&E that our power may be cut off tomorrow evening.  We received the same messages a couple of weeks ago, and although our address was on the outage map, we never lost power.  So we'll see.  We are in Santa Clara County.

While the outages are inconvenient, I much prefer them to the possibility of devastating and frightening fires.  My hope is that these outages will go away when/if PG&E updates their infrastructure.  Fingers crossed.

I think every state has wonderul things to offer, along with downsides, whether from nature or man-made.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

i guess you did not want anyone to know which county you are in, but the name of the county is still in that press release you posted....towards the end.  wanted to mention it if you wanted to go back in and remove it completely.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Coming soon to a town near you. Hope the smugness doesnt come back to bite. Natural disasters dont discriminate. Plus karma.
Trusted Contributor

You are all in my prayers. 

Last November I was in L.A. to watch my friend's son play basketball at USC.  We were mesmorized by the horror caused by the fires as we watched TV.  I could not even imagine it.

We had taken the train to Santa Monica and as soon as we stepped off the train, the smell of smoke hit you in the face.  

Just heart breaking.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

I have this. You can’t beat it. It keeps food ice cold for five days without the ice melting. Then you go get two bags of ice and keep the cold going. No wasted food. 

5ABFF36E-AB70-4A5B-859F-12CF36678E44.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Tyak  Ditto.  There are good (and bad) things about every state (as far as places to live).

I could live anywhere but I prefer living in Virginia.  I guess we all have likes and dislikes.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

OP, if you don't mind it, excuse the pun but, more power to you.  Personally, I'm very thankful that I'm not a Californian.

You know, it just occurred to me when such disasters hit any other state, I rarely if iver see anyone post that they are thankful for not being a [Texan, Floridian etc.].

@suzyQ3 

I’ve seen posters knock Texas and Florida, especially Florida, any number of times on these boards and say how happy they are they don’t live there. I always wonder why it doesn’t bother them to insult any readers who do live in those states. 

Are you serious???Because someone says they're happy they don't live in a certain state, be it Texas, Florida or California or anywhere else, that's insulting to you?  I live in the desert SW.  I know many people who wouldn't live here for any amount of money but it would never enter my mind to feel insulted by the fact that others may have a different opinion!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am terrified to be in the path of a fire, to watch the sky darken and to see embers fly in the atmosphere, and to have labored breathing for its duration.  While I'm at it, I might as well come clean, I also am terrified of floods, mudslides and yes hurricanes as well as tornados.  I hope I have not offended anyone. 

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

OP, if you don't mind it, excuse the pun but, more power to you.  Personally, I'm very thankful that I'm not a Californian.

You know, it just occurred to me when such disasters hit any other state, I rarely if iver see anyone post that they are thankful for not being a [Texan, Floridian etc.].

@suzyQ3 

I’ve seen posters knock Texas and Florida, especially Florida, any number of times on these boards and say how happy they are they don’t live there. I always wonder why it doesn’t bother them to insult any readers who do live in those states. 

Are you serious???Because someone says they're happy they don't live in a certain state, be it Texas, Florida or California or anywhere else, that's insulting to you?  I live in the desert SW.  I know many people who wouldn't live here for any amount of money but it would never enter my mind to feel insulted by the fact that others may have a different opinion!

@Tyak, although it's unclear, I'll assume that you are talking to me here.

Not that I owe anyone a reason, but the anti-California postings on these boards transcend weather phenomenon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland