Respected Contributor

Well this is bizarre shipping !

[ Edited ]

I have a order coming from HSN ordered a week ago and shipped on 2/15 from Fontana CA. On Feb 16th I received a tracking update that my delivery may arrive that day after the delivery commitment time due to severe weather but I never received it and no further update. So today 2/20  I get a tracking update that my package has arrived at Hodgkins IlL.  The only issue I have with that is I am in Missouri so my package has traveled through the state of Missouri on to Illinois !!   What the heck !! Oh well, good thing I didn't need it soon since it's traveling the country.Woman LOL

Spoiler
:

Honored Contributor

Re: Well this is bizarre shipping !

@Goodie2shoes    Not strange at all.  The Nation's largest UPS hub is at Hodgins, Il.  An item must get to a big hub before it can be distributed to smaller destinations.  You'll have it in 3-4 days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  wrote: Not strange at all.  The Nation's largest UPS hub is at Hodgins, Il.  An item must get to a big hub before it can be distributed to smaller destinations.  You'll have it in 3-4 days.

I didn't know Hodgkins was the largest UPS hub in the US !  I do know that whenever my orders come from the east coast and go through Hodgkins  IL I receive them within a couple of days. Thanks for the info

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Seems pretty common on many of my wife's orders from either of these 2 shopping networks. 

Most of what I buy is from Amazon and I haven't seen much of this.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

I also place an order from HSN.  It shipped on 2/4/2022 from Fontana, CA made it to Cincinnati OH on 2/9/2022, nothing until  2/16/2022 when it arrived in Atlanta GA.  I am about 100 miles from Cincinnati.  As of 2/19/2022 shows in transit to next facility.  Maybe some day......

Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Goodie2shoes    Not strange at all.  The Nation's largest UPS hub is at Hodgins, Il.  An item must get to a big hub before it can be distributed to smaller destinations.  You'll have it in 3-4 days.

Exactly.