Honored Contributor

Well this is a surprise...Hand Sanitizers

Stopped into Publix today in front of store was big display of hand sanitizers -- BOGO!!!

Guess they're trying to get rid of the supply they have now since they haven't had any wipes, sanitizer, lysol, cleaning products, etc. in our local store in months!!!

Guess it's time  for those who need it to stock up!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Well this is a surprise...Hand Sanitizers

My grocery stores have had an over-abundance of hand sanitzers for months now, but cleaning supplies are still hit and miss.  I don't use hand sanitizer although I do have a bottle spritz to spray on tables before sitting down to eat if I feel it hasn't been properly cleaned.  But, most of the hand sanitzers I see being sold won't work for that since they are too thick.  I picked this up at my local Petco.

Honored Contributor

I order groceries online and pick them up at the drive up lane.  I have tried to order disinfecting wipes when they are available....but they are always out when it comes time to shop my order.  Surprise!  They had a big tub of them this time.

I have made my own sanitizer spray for cleaning. Certain products are disinfectants and I mix them with some water. I've also made it with bleach.  I've also made my own disinfecting wipes.  

Respected Contributor

Hand sanitizer are all over here too.  However, they are various "off" brands and most made in China.  As I opened mine recently (made in USA) I noticed it was more liquid than gel.  That's OK, just need to apply carefully.

Respected Contributor

Excellent! Now I won't have to try and haul that stuff wi...

Excellent! Now I won't have to try and haul that stuff with me when I head south in the next week or so. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I order groceries online and pick them up at the drive up lane.  I have tried to order disinfecting wipes when they are available....but they are always out when it comes time to shop my order.  Surprise!  They had a big tub of them this time.

I have made my own sanitizer spray for cleaning. Certain products are disinfectants and I mix them with some water. I've also made it with bleach.  I've also made my own disinfecting wipes.  

@CalminHeart If you are mixing bleach with water and not using it right away you are getting no benefit from it.  When mixed with water, bleach breaks down within 24 hours. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart If you are mixing bleach with water and not using it right away you are getting no benefit from it.  When mixed with water, bleach breaks down within 24 hours. 

I know.  I mix as I go when using bleach.

Honored Contributor

Re: Excellent! Now I won't have to try and haul that stuff wi...

@FrostyBabe1 

They have a over abundance at most stores!!! I bought blue surgical masks at WM (big huge bin) 50 cents/2 pack, wipes and every end cap has hand sanitizer.

What I see happening now Viva & Bounty paper towels -- limited.

Only in stores --  Costco, Sam's & BJs wholesale have it stacked high.

Best wishes for safe travels back -- the weather is beautiful heading to beach tomorrow☀️🌴

Honored Contributor

I would just check the labels on hand sanitizers...so many “ mystery” brands are showing up in massive numbers..I have been tempted but some of the origins and ingredients sounded strange to me. Also many are still being recalled by the FDA, so check their website. I found a great box of 24, 2oz bottles of hand sanitizer at Costco last week...can keep one in each of our cars and my purse, etc. I think the brand is lily of the desert or something like that. I don’t like the big pump bottles in stores...think of how many people have put their fingers on the pump...ewww.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used the sanitizer they had at a CVS that they want you to use as soon as you walk in.

It was so goo-ey and gross and when we left the store the red color logo on the bag came off on my hands!

They had tons of sanitizers and wipes and they looked like Lysol or Clorox, but were made in China.

I think that's what the C in CVS stands for-- China.