Trusted Contributor

Re: Well this a FIRST! UPS & Amazon

I've never had UPS throw a package over my fence, but FedEx, Amazon,&  other carriers have. FedEx also loves to leave bigger deliveries outside my back gate, I have a 6 foot high privacy fence. I give delivery instructions when the option exists, I ask for the package to be left INSIDE the fence, not outside......they never do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You should see a hub at all the delivery companies.  Tossing a package over a fence is mild compared to what goes on there.

As long as companies say they will deliver quickly and people expect fast delivery this type of thing will continue.  They deliver millions of packages a day.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those  of us with Ring doorbells  I am sure can tell some tales as to how our packages are delivered!! It is often comical, (and sometimes almost criminal) to see the way those boxes are treated! LOL!

My favorites are the newer Amazon -Type deliverers, who are on their cell phones as they deliver, and you can hear their  (sometimes shocking) conversations as they make their deliveries!!!

But, all in all, those things are packaged pretty well, and I have rarely received anything damaged, regardless of how rough it was treated..

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I am staying with a friend and we ordered a few things for her from Amazon expected delivery today.

Sitting watching tv today we see the UPS truck pull up.  She says "oh maybe that's my Amazon things" and QVC packages -- get them please.  Just as I was opening the door I heard this loud thud.  Holy crow this driver threw the boxes from the curb over her small fence enclosure onto patio.  (it doesn't have gate nor any animals).

He hopped back in truck to fast to say something.  I've always had great service with UPS delivery drivers & must say this was shocking!  

This has been going on for years. When we lived in CA in 2002 a UPS man saw my neighbor's Rottweiler, in his own yard behind a big fence, and threw my coffeemaker over my fence.  I saw the whole thing.  Of course the coffeemaker was broken when I opened the box. He was a substitute and not my normal UPS man. 

Honored Contributor

A couple of months ago I ordered two jugs of cat litter, dog food and cat food from Chewy.  The day FedEx was supposed to deliver it I got an exception notice from them that the package was damaged and they were returning it to Chewy.  The same day, Chewy resent the order. 

The day the second order was supposed to be delivered FedEx pulled up in my driveway.  I saw the driver get out of the truck and open the back door to get the package.  Then he picked up his phone and called me.  He told me that cat litter was pouring out of the box.  He said that he was always very careful with how he got packages out of the truck but that the guys that put it on the truck usually just threw it.

I called Chewy and told them that this was the second time this happened and just not to send the cat litter the next time.  The guy said that he would send the cat litter in a separate box, which he did.  The third time it wasn't damaged.  Chewy told me that if I ran out of dog or cat food before I got the third delivery that they would reimburse me for what I had to buy.  Fortunately that didn't happen.  I wouldn't have asked them to reimburse me even if it had but thought it was very nice for them to offer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Sounds like the order was delivered quickly...and that's a good thing.

Don't really see the issue🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

I used to have a UPS driver who ran up to the house. If I am home and can help I meet them at the end of the driveway which is a little long. I know they are in a time crunch and get evaluated as such. They have thanked me  but told me I did not have to. When the Holidays come it will really get crazy. Our PO hires extra help for package delivery and UPS drivers work long hours. Look at the filth and shape some of the packages arrive in. Yes they get thrown. 

Esteemed Contributor

I get a large delivery from Chewy. Usually 2-3 boxes of cat food and misc stuff. Anyway this time Chewy used Ontrac instead of FedEx. This guy just dropped these heavy boxes half way up the driveway. In plain site of everyone. I emailed Chewy about the driver. Next delivery was done by FedEx.

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty, you don't have any problems with FedEx? Whenever I have any big deliveries from them, they dump them outside my back fence. I've complained to the vendor, was told "sorry, once the package is with the carrier, it's not our problem." I've complained directly to FedEx, nothing ever changes. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

5D5F7000-A29B-4271-8A2E-84D6D974C680.gif5D5F7000-A29B-4271-8A2E-84D6D974C680.gif

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~