Trusted Contributor

Re: Well this a FIRST! UPS & Amazon

@sgraham30 wrote:

@Meowingkitty, you don't have any problems with FedEx? Whenever I have any big deliveries from them, they dump them outside my back fence. I've complained to the vendor, was told "sorry, once the package is with the carrier, it's not our problem." I've complained directly to FedEx, nothing ever changes. 

I've complained too, when it comes to how packages are delivered to us.

First of all, I live in an apartment building that is secure. Everything is locked on the inside. 

Sometimes what all of the delivery services will do--and what I've been told by the delivery companies myself as to what they are NOT supposed to do--is that they will leave our packages outside/outdoors. 

They are not supposed to do this, as this is outside of the front door out in the open, where anyone can see them and can walk up and take them.

We--the building occupants--have had packages stolen this way. 

The driver/helper is supposed to ring our bells and is supposed to at least leave the package inside of the building for us. 

They don't even attempt to ring the doorbell to see if we are home. 

What they'll also do--which they're not supposed to do, either--is that they'll ring all of the doorbells in the building for each tenant, just to gain access to the building for a delivery, so that they don't have to come back and deliver the package for the intended tenant, even if the package is for a different tenant.

So, let's say that the package is for someone in Unit #102. They'll start ringing all of the doorbells, including the second floor bells for #202, #203, and so on, just to get into the building so that they can get someone to let them in for it. 

They don't care if they're distubing someone.

When I had my other kitties and they were both ill, they didn't like the sound of the doorbell and they would both try and hobble away from it when it rang, even when the door wasn't for us. Smiley Mad

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@sidsmom 

yes fast delivery (3 days) the issue was more a surprise the way package was handled🙄.

I've never experienced this so guess after reading other comments it's becoming the normal😉

Most are delusional if they think their packages are

c.a.r.e.f.u.l.l.y coddled in the many shipping hubs they go through

before they reach your doorstep.
I just think ppl just like to complain about something. 

No, we're not just finding reasons to complain.

We should expect to find our packages intact, and not damaged.

My husband works a part-time C.S. job where he handles problems like we're discussing, where customers call up due to receiving damaged packages that were damaged during delivery. 

Honored Contributor

He must be practicing for the holiday season...LOL  Stuff like that happens all the time when the mad rush starts.  You can call or go onto the UPS site and complain but I'm 99% certain that they won't care if nothing was broken.