Valued Contributor

IMG_1138.JPG

Regular Contributor

Re: Well that explains a lot!

Gee, hate to brag but my guy will ring the bell and if I'm not home hids it somewhere on my front porch per our agreement. Sorry to hear about your difficulty, I know what its like to be waiting for a package !     Felinemom    P.S.   I live in Boston

Honored Contributor

IMG_0175.JPG

Honored Contributor

@felinemom wrote:

Gee, hate to brag but my guy will ring the bell and if I'm not home hids it somewhere on my front porch per our agreement. Sorry to hear about your difficulty, I know what its like to be waiting for a package !     Felinemom    P.S.   I live in Boston

i am the same way!

we have a GREAT UPS man......he recently got married and i gave him a bottle of champagne. he goes above and beyond deliverying our packages and i know he will be getting a workout these next two months. LOL

i will take UPS over USPS any day!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Honestly, I can't complain about our UPS people.  They have always been very accommodating.  My driveway is located off a private lane and is very difficult to maneuver for larger vehicles.  I told them to just park on the lane and I would walk across the yard to meet them.  Most times I can hear the truck, but when I am not home and they have no problem walking 300 feet across the yard to our porch.  They have a demanding job and come the holidays it gets even more difficult and in many areas they have to deal with ice and snow.

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19@sidsmom

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jasmine19 this was too funny!

I have to say, my UPS people are wonderful, especially considering my 10 pound morkie that hates that brown truck for some reason.  Every other truck, no problem.

They leave my packages just behind a small bush to the side of my front door.  If it's too large, it's placed in the back of my townhome in the cul de sac (no passing traffic) by the side of my garage.  If it's raining, it's wrapped in plastic.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had a package left hanging in a tree at our house in Florida.  I never would have seen it if the headlights wouldn't have caught it. It was pouring rain! I think the driver drove by and gave it a heave.  I called and complained......no big deal to them........ 

Most of my packages are placed on my porch.....no problem, but that one took the cake.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

My UPS guy is great!  He always leaves my packages tied to the locked fence on the inside in the back yard.  If the gate is unloced he will put them on the porch.  When it's another UPS person they will leave it at the front door and knock or by the back gate. 

Regular Contributor

This is hillarious, thanks for the laugh!  This reminds me of my truegreen company that leaves a note on my door when they come to treat my lawn and they always leave a slip that says "i rang your bell, sorry i missed you" which is funny because i have been home when they have come by and they have not "rang my bell"!  and they always scribble something on there that i can not read!