Honored Contributor

Well now here is a wonderful news story!

This was so wonderful to read after so many sad and awful things on the news-

A homeless man saved 2 children from their burning home-

He saw smoke (in Las Vegas) billowing from the apartment and saw a little girl crying from the door. He jumped over the fence and broke the security locked door to pull her out, then saw a little infants leg (10 months) and pulled him out too. The children were treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation. The grandfather got out through a window-he had been cooking on a stove and grease had spilled over. 

The firemen said the children surely would have been burned or died if the man hadnt saved them.

The homeless man said he just had to get them out!Smiley Happy

Homeless man saves children from fire

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: Well now here is a wonderful news story!

The grandfather left them there?

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@makena:I know-that part I was thinking the same thing! That wasn't explained. I know the first thing I would do would be to get my children (or grandchildren). But who knows maybe he was in shock-I don't know.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@makena wrote:

@makena:I know-that part I was thinking the same thing! That wasn't explained. I know the first thing I would do would be to get my children (or grandchildren). But who knows maybe he was in shock-I don't know.

Well bless that stranger.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness that man was there and was fast thinking and used quick action to save the children.

As far as the grandfather not saving them...If you have ever been in a burning building, you would know that once the house fills up with smoke, you start coughing and your eyes start burning so bad, you can’t open them.  Remember when you were taught to crawl and stay low?  Well that is about the only way you can move through a burning building and it’s not easy.

I know this because a pile of brown paper bags caught fire in my kitchen on the gas stove and black smoke filled up the house so fast, that I almost didn’t make it outside and the exit door was only a few feet away.  I got confused and disorientated and couldn’t open my eyes or breath. My house wasn’t on fire, but it’s the smoke that is dangerous.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for sharing a positive story @on the bay.

Honored Contributor

Loved this wonderful story!  Thank you!