Respected Contributor

Re: Well now I've seen it all

The boy next door got one for Christmas & he has been enjoying it. Last week was trash day (we all have the same cans with wheels) he comes down the driveway on it & grabs the trashcan handle & on it & the trashcan & him go up the driveway. Yes, he never got off it & took the empty can to the side of the house. Geez, guess kids don't walk anymore. Wish I had coordination like him but I do like to keep my feet on the ground.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Keep the number for the fire department handy.

Yep and as soon as one falls and gets seriously hurt, they'll lawyer up and blame the hoverboard company.  Scares the bejeepers out me about hitting heads, like someone choosing to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see kids in our development here riding hoverboards all of the time. I said to my husband I thought they recalled them for catching on fire? I guess the parents don't care.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I want one.  Sounds like fun to me. . . 

Honored Contributor

They look like so much fun.

I would seriously injure myself - I have no sense of balance.

I see people on Segways in my neighborhood.  They ride them at night. 

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn, I see your point, but as a former speed skater myself, it's not the best analogy IMO.  There is much more control when the legs are moving independently (receiving signals from the brain differently) and driving the body around than if they are (seemingly tied) together.  Wouldn't you agree?

But the sheer potential danger of these young children being on hoverboards is not acceptable IMO.  Ice skates do not blow up.

Honored Contributor

I'm for anything that has the potential to make basketball more interesting.  It's one of my least favorite sports.