Valued Contributor

Re: Well now I think I've seen it all!

@Starpolisher  I saw this commercial last night.  SMH

Super Contributor

@Kachina624  I also had my pound puppy tested for the same reason.  It wasn’t that expensive 6 years ago and I wanted to know.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  It was news to me.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Embark, DNA testing for dogs.

@Starpolisher 

I had my last adopted dog’s DNA done. I wanted to know what else he had in him BESIDES Golden Retriever.   He is 1/4 white standard poodle and 3/4 Golden Retriever.

I never would have guessed that!   He is big like a golden Doodle...but looks more golden.  A golden Doodle is the opposite   1/4 Golden  to 3/4 Standard Poodle. 

Respected Contributor

We had a gorgeous cat who weighed twenty two lbs at his slimmest. We had him on special vets diet. He had a huge face and giant paws. Sent a swab to Davis for DNA. He was mostly Siberian. Showed the vet and he said we didn't need to worry about diet anymore.

Respected Contributor

We had a dna blood analysis done on one of our rescue pups. We just wanted to know more about him. He was so gorgeous that people stopped us many times wanting to know what he was because they wanted one. I never regretted finding out more about our one of a kind pup. Best birthday present ever! 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Had a DNA test done on my blue front Amazon 20 some years ago to determine the s*x...it us a Boy.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

We had a dna blood analysis done on one of our rescue pups. We just wanted to know more about him. He was so gorgeous that people stopped us many times wanting to know what he was because they wanted one. I never regretted finding out more about our one of a kind pup. Best birthday present ever! 

The suspense is killing me.

What breed is your gorgeous furbaby?

Valued Contributor

Some communities have started using poop DNA to track down dog owners who don't clean up after their dogs.

Esteemed Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

Some communities have started using poop DNA to track down dog owners who don't clean up after their dogs.

While that would be a good deterrent, I do not think it is possible.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.