Honored Contributor

Re: Well, looks like we need a new water heater.

[ Edited ]

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I'm sure a new water heater will be the next thing for me to do too.  My neighbor just had a new one installed a month or so ago.  In November I had to have a new furnace.  I replaced the air conditioning unit seven years ago.  I bought this house new and that unit didn't even last seven years.  Got a list of other things that need to be done too,__mainly the ceilings in two of my bedrooms where the roof leaked and a fence that needs repair.  Lol, then there are the wish list items like new flooring, countertops and bathrooms redone.  All will get done in time lol

Oh me too on the 2 bdrms where the chimney leaked and needs repair.  @MarthaStewardess 

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal 

That's quite a nice warranty!  Ours replaced last week.  It was not a "have to" situation but certain qualities led us to replace before it gave out.  It was not a quick or simple job - DH impressed with detail needed.

Water lot hotter but still experimenting with settings. Good luck to all of us with new apparatuses within our households.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Groan, moan, agony.  They don't make things like they use to. LOL.  We should get ours today.  Man, I hate the expense of those things.  Let's hope, nothing else bombs out on us.  I've heard tales of when one goes, they trickle down like dominoes.

This will have a 12 yr warranty,  we'll see.  Thankful it's not in the dead of winter.  We got the last one the store has.  I sure hope so!!  

Everyone else doing ok?

I feel your pain. Years ago, whenever my DH got a bonus or a raise at work, WITHOUT FAIL an appliance would break down.

Super Contributor

I was perusing the Costco website.  A number of GE water heaters, 30, 40, and 50 gallons are on sale for $300.  My “test” checkout appears to have no shipping charges.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I feel your pain...had to replace my gas furnace and then the water heater went, too.  They sure don't make them like they used to.

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I knew my water heater was overdue to need to be replaced. So I signed up with Home Serve through my water company. Paid $7 a month for 9 months when it finally went south. So it cost me $63 plus $150 extra that the company charged to get a new one installed. Much better than over $1000 without Home Serve.. I recommend it.

My Son bought one for me last week  at Lowe's for $62.20 SUPPOSED TO BE TOP LINE WITH cREDITT rEPORT, he and his neigbor installed it for free.

Respected Contributor

@HLP  Let us know what brand your son purchased (since it has good reviews).  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal, so sorry your water heater went on the blitz, but glad you were able to get the last one.  Pshew!  And fingers crossed this one last a good, long while!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *