Respected Contributor

Re: Well it's the south's turn- getting sleet and ice now

Thanks Marp, you too! Down to 27 here.
Super Contributor

On 2/16/2015 makeup addict said: There have been over 1000 car accidents since 3pm in NC. 20 car pileup with people sitting in traffic for two hrs. Lots of sleet and rain now.

Bad weather all over....even the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile was in an accident near Pittsburgh!

Honored Contributor

maryland area here.....it has been all snow here since about 7 pm.....schools are closed for tomorrow in many areas of md. it is about 15 degrees here now.....government offices/services in the DC area are pretty much shut down for tomorrow.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

We were driving in it yesterday. We were supposed to stop in Jackson, TN coming home to Arkansas from Ohio but when we got to Jackson, my DH decided to keep driving because he knew the roads would become icy around 11:00. That was at 6:30. We had 6 more hours to go. Unfortunately, the freezing rain started on Rte. I40 at about 9:00 instead. My DH kept driving, gripping the steering wheel. The ice was building up on the truck and it was difficult to see and really no where to stop. He did good but we were both so tense, we were sick today. We didn't get out of the freeze zone until we were 40 miles south of Little Rock. The temps finally went up to 37 and we made it home. Later in the night, the temps dipped down and it was icing in Camden which is where we live. It was beautiful on the trees but we had no food in the house after being gone for ten days. Hopefully tomorrow, we can go to the grocery store.

Hopefully no one had to do what we did and everyone is safe today. Stay off the roads if you can.

Respected Contributor

On 2/16/2015 makeup addict said: Im near .charlotte NC. They are saying another round this weekend. We were off today for the holiday and i just got the call to work from home tomorrow. Its suppose to rain all night. Im listening to the sleet right now.
Wow,neighbor... I'm south of Charlotte.My boss texted I was not to come in tomorrow. I work near South park....glad I won't be sliding up the road. It's really sleeting here.
Frequent Contributor

On 2/16/2015 makeup addict said: Im near .charlotte NC. They are saying another round this weekend. We were off today for the holiday and i just got the call to work from home tomorrow. Its suppose to rain all night. Im listening to the sleet right now.
Also in Charlotte and it's icy and schools are out tomorrow. I have a feeling with all of this ice they will be out again Wednesday. Temps don't look like they will be warm enough to melt things. I went to the grocery today and the shelves were close to being empty. I only bought a few things but it took me over an hour to shop and check out.
Respected Contributor

This is turning out to be quite the""near Charlotte"" thread....lol.
Frequent Contributor

Didn't realize so many posters were from around the Charlotte area.
Honored Contributor

My poor eagle, who is sitting on eggs at Berry College, sure looked cold and wet this afternoon. It was pretty breezy at the top of a 100ft pine.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Two interstates closed this morning. Wrecks scattered everywhere in an around Nashville. Solid ice here. State of emergency declared. State offices closed and begging people to stay home and off the roads if at all possible.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."