Respected Contributor

Re: Well, it's coming down to the wire -

were both capricorns. im january 9. my father inlaw is the 7 and brother in law the 11.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Getting ready for Christmas this year has just been too much for me. Some angst I brought on myself so I can only blame myself.  Most I didn’t. 

Anyway, the tree is not up and it’s not going up. Life will go on if we don’t put a tree up one year. It’s actually a relief. One less task to accomplish. 

It didn’t help that in the middle of it all I hurt my knee and that my surgeon wanted me to do physical therapy on it for four weeks and then make a decision about surgery.  The surgery is inevitable. Get on with it already.  So I have physical therapy appts to fit in before I see him again on January 3rd. 

For example, next week. Two physical therapy appts.  Eye doctor appt for me, eye doctor appt for my husband on a separate day, cancer doctor appt for my husband, 4 straight days of lunches with my friends. And that just gets us through Friday. 

We give gifts to two neighbors. My husband just took one of them over. We’ll take the second over when our neighbor gets home. Get them out of our house. 

We’re leaving in five minutes to give a gift to another friend. 

I’ve already decided that next year is going to be different. Much simpler. I’m going to make a conscious effort. The holidays anymore, just about all of them just have too much advance preparation and hoopla. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is how over Christmas I am. 

For Secret Santa, I got my mother's husband.  We do $50 gifts for the adults.  Last month for his birthday, I gave him a Starbucks card for his Sunday lattes after church that he always gets and he made a comment that beer would have been better.   

Last week while food shopping, I pulled $50 worth of his favorite beer off the shelf and it's now sitting in my garage refrigerator.  When he gets here next weekend, I am going to reveal myself as his Secret Santa and point him to the door of the fridge to start partaking in his present a few days early. 

Easiest gift ever and I have a tolerable house guest for a week. Winning!!  Smiley Very Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Getting ready for Christmas this year has just been too much for me. Some angst I brought on myself so I can only blame myself.  Most I didn’t. 

Anyway, the tree is not up and it’s not going up. Life will go on if we don’t put a tree up one year. It’s actually a relief. One last task to accomplish. 

It didn’t help that in the middle of it all I hurt my knee and that my surgeon wanted me to do physical therapy on it for four weeks and then make a decision about surgery.  The surgery is inevitable. Get on with it already.  So I have physical therapy appts to fit in before I see him again on January 3rd. 

For example, next week. Two physical therapy appts.  Eye doctor appt for me, eye doctor appt for my husband on a separate day, cancer doctor appt for my husband, 4 straight days of lunches with my friends. And that just gets us through Friday. 

We give gifts to two neighbors. My husband just took one of them over. We’ll take the second over when our neighbor gets home. Get them out of our house. 

We’re leaving in five minutes to give a gift to another friend. 

I’ve already decided that next year is going to be different. Much simpler. I’m going to make a conscious effort. The holidays anymore just have to much advance preparation and hoopla. 

wish i was a bear....i'd be hibernating now....merry grinchmas...