Honored Contributor

Re: Well guess that didn't last! Naples FL Beaches CLOSED again

Many of you "know" me well enough to understand that I am not defending the seating at that pictured restaurant in Colorado, but if you look at the seating arrangement by groups, are they not complying with the 6-feet-apart rule?  It appears to be so.  The only unclear area (for me) is the back left, but that might also be a group table.

What the photo lets me know is that 6 feet apart will not be enough for my comfort level. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Farm animals have better instincts than humans. If a state opens beaches and parks, goodness gracious, follow the rules and pick up your garbage.

I read something to my husband about being able to identify what kind of person you are by how you handle your shopping cart after emptying it. He always returns them to the caddy and hooks them to the cart ahead to make it easier for the employees who bring them back into the store. I've been known to get them near the caddy, but I'm not as conscientious as he is. Then there are those people who won't take one step to return them. 

Tell me about it!!

I'm one of those who takes the cart back to the cart corral and have great disdain for those who just leave them there to run into other peoples' vehicles.  Don't even get me started on the ones who leave trash in the cart or on the ground.   

Yes, I do believe it tells me something about them that they cannot be bothered to be a decent citizen.   I struggle and you'll see me limping across the parking lot slowly, so it's not impossible to do the right thing.  If one cannot, then maybe they need to commission a store employee to go out with them and help them with the cart and loading their groceries.

TBH, however, the only ones I ever  see just leaving the cart, or some even sling the thing to wherever, are not the ones who are physically challenged.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Many of you "know" me well enough to understand that I am not defending the seating at that pictured restaurant in Colorado, but if you look at the seating arrangement by groups, are they not complying with the 6-feet-apart rule?  It appears to be so.  The only unclear area (for me) is the back left, but that might also be a group table.

What the photo lets me know is that 6 feet apart will not be enough for my comfort level. 

@golding76 

The tables don't look 6 feet apart to me.

Honored Contributor

You might be right, KittyLou.

All I know for certain is how I feel about going out into the world again.  Because I am constantly referred to as "at risk," I will take the sage advice I hear/read and wait -- however long it takes -- for a green light.  

Part of me worries that I will not safely be let out until next year sometime.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

they dont look six feet apart to me......especially the people standing waiting to place orders.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

You might be right, KittyLou.

All I know for certain is how I feel about going out into the world again.  Because I am constantly referred to as "at risk," I will take the sage advice I hear/read and wait -- however long it takes -- for a green light.  

Part of me worries that I will not safely be let out until next year sometime.

@golding76 

If you don't HAVE to go out into the world again yet, then don't.  

Be well.

Respected Contributor

Shirt for the bank

Denise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's always frustrating when, because of a few, all are punished.  At least these peoples faces are all over the news and hopefully some will be embarrassed and/or feel some shame that, because of a few, we all suffer.

This reminds me of a high school teacher (last class of the day) who would make the whole class stay after because of something a couple of kids did.  I missed my ride on a cold winter day and was frozen after walking miles home. Others, who worked after last period, were late to their jobs.  I can't tell you the problems it caused for some.  It just kept ricocheting.  None of us could stand that teacher!  What her action caused was a loss of respect for her.

Honored Contributor

It's like they want the virus to stick around and kill more people. I can't think of any other reason why people aren't trying to get rid of it and are doing things they know will spread it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Because people are stupid and only care about themselves.  Bunch of drunks on the beach doing their own thing.  They should be kept closed.