Respected Contributor

Re: Well guess that didn't last! Naples FL Beaches CLOSED again

@jubilant wrote:

I know someone who went to the grocery store last week   and had her mask on like we are supposed to here in Indiana.  Some older gentleman looked at her and said in a gruff tone of voice  ........    "I have my granddaughter with me".   This woman was keeping her distance.  She definitely got the feeling that he thought SHE was sick since she had a mask on.  Some people are just so ignorant of the latest news. I think we are all sick of the news but we do need to at least try to keep abreast of things (in our neck of the woods) even if we just listen to the news at the end of the day. Ignorance is not bliss!

Unless "granddaughter" is code for "Glock."

The way things are going, nothing would surprise me.

Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for bank employees.   Yikes!

Honored Contributor

For the bank employees? Our banks are all drive through business only unless you need to get into a safety deposit box. That is by appointment only so there is plenty of time for employees to put on masks and gloves. Those employees are just fine.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I think @SharkE was meaning how do you know the customers from a "bank robber"! she I think was just kidding...

We went to bank a couple weeks ago - the lobby is open (10-4) and no drive-thru in our area.  Bank of America stopped drive thru 3 years ago😡😡😡.  They want you to use ATM for most transactions.

Anyway, the "rent a cop" looked like he was 12 years old with his dad's security guard uniform on.  I think he would be useless in a robbery...

he let everyone in - about 12 people at once.  

We all stood in line with masks (not required) & believe me we we're all thinking the same thing..including my spouse!  

He's a retired police luitenant and he was "summing up everyone in that bank". His radar was on 🙄😉 -- in fact, when we left he said "we're not doing anymore banking until things go back to normal -- that was a ackward feeling!". 

And we haven't!!!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I know someone who went to the grocery store last week   and had her mask on like we are supposed to here in Indiana.  Some older gentleman looked at her and said in a gruff tone of voice  ........    "I have my granddaughter with me".   This woman was keeping her distance.  She definitely got the feeling that he thought SHE was sick since she had a mask on.  Some people are just so ignorant of the latest news. I think we are all sick of the news but we do need to at least try to keep abreast of things (in our neck of the woods) even if we just listen to the news at the end of the day. Ignorance is not bliss!

I'm beginning to think one of the side effects of asymptomatic carriers is brain cell loss.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Based on my experience I don’t think people will ever be compliant at outdoor areas like beaches and parks.  I stopped going for that reason.  There are just too many people, all of whom want to be there.  At my local park everyone is jammed on the trails and they do not follow social distancing.  People seem to lose their inhibitions outdoors. I have a friend who won’t go to the grocery store, but she’ll go to the park, get close to total strangers and chat away.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
For the bank employees? Our banks are all drive through business only unless you need to get into a safety deposit box. That is by appointment only so there is plenty of time for employees to put on masks and gloves. Those employees are just fine.

----

Yes @Pearlee and convenience store employees too. Many robbers wear masks (the other poster was making a light hearted comment). Oh, and just because your banks may be open for appointments only, ours are open as essential businesses.

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Humans are their own worst enemy. 

Isn’t that the truth.  Simple things we can do to lessen transmission but people can’t even manage the minimum.  

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Humans are their own worst enemy. 

We do often seem to be bent on self-destruction, don't we?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Farm animals have better instincts than humans. If a state opens beaches and parks, goodness gracious, follow the rules and pick up your garbage.

I read something to my husband about being able to identify what kind of person you are by how you handle your shopping cart after emptying it. He always returns them to the caddy and hooks them to the cart ahead to make it easier for the employees who bring them back into the store. I've been known to get them near the caddy, but I'm not as conscientious as he is. Then there are those people who won't take one step to return them. 

@AuntG 

Even real pigs are not the PIGS humans are....I am AMAZED but not surprised that news stories have shown how people have thrown their used disposable masks and gloves anywhere and everywhere....

I live in a condo and we have a crew that takes care of the outside of the property (picking up trash, landscaping etc)...well they've been furloughed for a bit and people are just throwing trash all over....apparently they open their car and throw water bottles, their fast food containers, and even icckier--their used kleenex---EWWWEEEGGGHHH!!!  I didnt realize what a great job our porter/landscaper did....hope they hire him back....I sent an email to our COA to send out an email notice for people to dispose of their trash properly---it is in our Association Agreement .....most of the people in my immediate area are good about keeping their homes nice and neat..but there's a couple of folks that are plain PIGS!!! Woman Frustrated  With the virus and cant find gloves to buy, I am not picking up the trash.....(and wouldnt even get near that used kleenex anyway)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”