Respected Contributor

Re: Well guess that didn't last! Naples FL Beaches CLOSED again

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

I know someone who went to the grocery store last week   and had her mask on like we are supposed to here in Indiana.  Some older gentleman looked at her and said in a gruff tone of voice  ........    "I have my granddaughter with me".   This woman was keeping her distance.  She definitely got the feeling that he thought SHE was sick since she had a mask on.  Some people are just so ignorant of the latest news. I think we are all sick of the news but we do need to at least try to keep abreast of things (in our neck of the woods) even if we just listen to the news at the end of the day. Ignorance is not bliss!

Unless "granddaughter" is code for "Glock."

The way things are going, nothing would surprise me.

@noodleann  Why would "granddaughter" be code for "Glock"--why would you make that kind of statement let alone think that way!  It is really amazing how differently people look at a situation.  You made your assessment/statement BUT, I too saw "I have my granddaughter with me"--my thought was the woman in the mask would want to keep her distance from the grandaughter since the child could be more unhealthily dangerous to her.  But then, I am in the habit of keeping my distance from children and people I do not know because of my health.  I have been using the reserved for seniors time at grocer (masks required) and what I have observed is complete respect by everyone around each other--a pleasant trip!  Before the reserved senior times available, it was a free-for-all with many selfish people to navigate, some with and without masks/gloves.

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

I know someone who went to the grocery store last week   and had her mask on like we are supposed to here in Indiana.  Some older gentleman looked at her and said in a gruff tone of voice  ........    "I have my granddaughter with me".   This woman was keeping her distance.  She definitely got the feeling that he thought SHE was sick since she had a mask on.  Some people are just so ignorant of the latest news. I think we are all sick of the news but we do need to at least try to keep abreast of things (in our neck of the woods) even if we just listen to the news at the end of the day. Ignorance is not bliss!

Unless "granddaughter" is code for "Glock."

The way things are going, nothing would surprise me.

@noodleann  Why would "granddaughter" be code for "Glock"--what kind of thinking is that!  It is really amazing how differently people look at a situation.  You made your assessment/statement BUT, I too saw the "I have my granddaughter with me" statement and to me my thought was that the woman would want to keep her distance from the grandaughter since the child could be more unhealthily dangerous than the woman in the mask.  I keep my distance from children because of my health.  I have been using the reserved for seniors time at grocer (masks required) and what I have observed is complete respect by everyone around each other--a pleasant trip! Before senior times available, it was a free-for-all with many selfish people to navigate, some with and without masks/gloves.

What I said was clearly humorous, if tongue in cheek, to people with a sense of humor. Insert eyeroll emoticon here.

Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

It's like they want the virus to stick around and kill more people. I can't think of any other reason why people aren't trying to get rid of it and are doing things they know will spread it.

It reminds me of that scene in Independence Day where a bunch of people go to the top of the building to greet the aliens.

Of course, they thought the aliens were friendly, lol

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

yesterday for mothers day.......restaurant in colorado.....

colorado.jpg

If it's the same restaurant I just heard on the evening news that the Health Department shut it down.  The video showed a horrendous scene of people crowded together in the restaurant. 

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.