Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Hope they get your water back on soon.....that can be a real pain...one time they had to fix a pipe on our street and turned off the water until 5PM....UGGGHHHH!!!!  Hang in there....Id go to a fast food place and pick up some coffee no way could I survive without it....☕

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

That must have been a shock to your system.  We really take our utilities for granted, but they are miraculous.

Honored Contributor

Oh, don't you just hate that?

For some strange reason, our city water is not available at least once a month for a few hours in the middle of theafternoon.

And during the summer months at our summer place, the water is off for about an hour from time to time when they switch wells.

It always seems to be off when you need it the most.

I hope you have water soon....be sure to run the water freely for a few minutes before you use it.  It will probably be " dirty". Not good for drinking or washing clothes until it runs clear.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Re: Well THIS Happened

[ Edited ]

Seriously? Why is it whenever ANYONE posts an unfortunate experience in their life someone always has to bring up the Covid crisis and how in light of "what's going on in the world right now", you have no right to complain. Gimme a break.

And to the OP, I hope this situation gets solved quickly!  Hard to do w/o water indeed.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ   check out message # 6.  I felt like I had to apologize to the OP

That's COLD.......

Honored Contributor
@KKJ. Yes SERIOUSLY. And by the way, it's the first time I've ever brought it up so if others have, that's not on me.

I was raised to deal with things, esp minor hassles in life that most of us experience at one time or another, and to not sweat the small stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

The water is now back on.

I turned on all of the faucets and the water was brown from dirt for about 30 seconds, then ran clear, and I got the air out of the lines.

The street is closed off, and the workers have left, but there is still a rectangular shape hole in the ground where they had to remove the section of broken pipe.

I didn't look that closely, but it looks like they have to repave  the street before they reopen it to traffic.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I did have to use the toilet this morning, and just for a moment, I did consider using one of my cat's litterboxes!

I'm kidding!

I'm kidding!

😄 😆 😄 😆

You have got to have a sense of humor about these things.😊

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Thank God ! I thought you probably wouldn't be able to get out and go no place, etc. I've lived thru those horrors before.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Don't know what city people can do, but, when I used to live out in a country area and owned 20 acres. We could go between buildings. Our city water meter would freeze up in Ind. Husband would have to use blow dryer to thaw it out. After that we kept a rug over it down in the water meter hole.

Unlike some of the posts you got I'm SORRY you have to deal with this due to no fault of your own. You have to consider the source in the rude people who are allowed to be in the forums.

@SharkE 

I know, right?

I am taking this in stride, because I know that old pipes fail, and that it will be fixed.

Ship happens.

Some people consider coffee vitally important, (I don't), so I was going for levity.

@Anonymous032819 

I think the "old pipe that failed" is the "deal with it" comment upthread.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE Consider the source

@SharkE wrote:

@KKJ   check out message # 6.  I felt like I had to apologize to the OP

That's COLD.......

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.