Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well Meaning Family & Friends.

Not smart to be out on icy sidewalks and cold weather with your recent knee surgery.  One slip or fall on ice could set you back couple of weeks. You know what's best for you and what you feel up to.

Honored Contributor

I think you are very lucky to have people that care about you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  tell them you appreciate their concern but you are doing fine.  Tell them you have a new normal, your life has changed; that does not mean you need to fill every minute with others.  You are thankful they care but you do not want nor need all the extra attention.  In no way should they feel you are pushing them away.  Tell them it means the world to know they care and you are so grateful for them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 you are very fortunate to have friends and family that care about you, they don't want you feeling lonely, grieving, feeling depressed. Some people have no one that cares about them, you sometimes hear stories that someone passed away and no one noticed, that is truly sad.

Honored Contributor

You really complain about your family a lot. It's like they can't do anything right. 

Honored Contributor

I lost my husband last year, too.  I wish more people would be reaching out to me. 

I'm getting involved with new people on my own, but have been somewhat disappointed over how many of my family members seem to think I'm "all set and doing great".   

that isn't always the case, and I think @CrazyKittyLvr2 ....you are very fortunate to have concerned people in your life 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I like being home. I go out when I have Dr. appts, I occasionally meet friends for dinner or meet my sisiter and BIL for lunch.  Otherwise, I can stay home for days, sometimes weeks and I am good.

Lately, espcially since DH died my kids, my sister and a couple friends have been nagging me to get out and about.  Why?  I keep in touch with people and when I venture out I enjoy myself but am always glad to get home.

I wish they would just back off.  For decades when I was raising kids and working I ran my fat butt off everyday.  I spent more time in the car and "going" than I did at home.  I'm over it.

What do you do when people don't listen to what you tell them you are good the way you are?

When I can't help someone I move on and help someone who wants help.  You will soon run them off, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Then some day you may need or want their help, and won't have to be bothered with it. 

You are very fortunate you have people to care about you.  A lot of us aren't that lucky. 

Honored Contributor

I say do what makes YOU happy. I am a homebody too. I worked and had to drive long distances for years and years. I also had to take my kids to all their athletic events and they were very involved and many times at long distances. Then my parents became ill and I took care of them running to doctors, their errands etc. and now...I enjoy my downtime at home. I am happy sometimes for weeks...and then cabin fever sets in...and out I will go until I am ready to be at home again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2, like you I love being at home. After a stressful 40 yr. career driving in all kinds of weather conditions and working all kinds of crazy hours retirement is my reward. 

I do things on my schedule now and love that freedom. I go to the library and get books as I enjoy reading. I occassionally go out for breakfast or lunch with friends. I no longer like to drive at night. 

There still are the medical appointments, hair cuts, grocery shopping, and Bible study--I feel that is enough. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I lost my husband last year, too.  I wish more people would be reaching out to me. 

I'm getting involved with new people on my own, but have been somewhat disappointed over how many of my family members seem to think I'm "all set and doing great".   

that isn't always the case, and I think @CrazyKittyLvr2 ....you are very fortunate to have concerned people in your life 

@september , I am so sorry to just be hearing this...sorry for your loss.

And to all who have lost their mates on this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**