Honored Contributor

Re: Well, It's Officially Fall

[ Edited ]

It's a beautiful balmy breezy 87 day here in Tampa FL.  I sat by the pool for a few hours enjoying it🙂 the humidity took the day off!!!

Too bad the "love bugs" didn't 😉

Hope it stays ...although I'm missing the true Fall season up North🍂🍁

Respected Contributor

The last few days in Maryland have been cool and delightful.

Leaves are just beginning to change a bit.

Just received an email warning of a frost advisory for tonight.

Love, love, love this season. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

According to the calendar, it's officially fall.  But not cooling off much yet on the central plains.  I love the fall !  Bring it on !  

I noticed yesterday a few maple trees in the neighborhood are turning red. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs   Hi Friend!  Noticed you mentioned you'll be heading to your tropical paradise soon ~ Lucky you!!!!  : )

Just wondering, how do the sheepies do in the warm, warm weather?  This is our third and they have all seemed to really enjoy the cold, frosty, snowy days.

We had a young college-aged neighbor who once used our sheepie as a "weather man"............She would look out the window and if she saw him lounging on the back porch she would think,  "Must be a beautiful day as he's enjoying the NY air!"

She would dress accordingly only to find it was freezing and needed to return to her apt for a jacket!  This happened more than once Smiley Very Happy  Can't trust a sheepie for an accurate forecast : )

Hope you and yours are well ~ enjoy paradise.......I'll be snuggling with my sheepdog during a (hopefully!!) mild winter!!

Stay safe!

Trusted Contributor

It's been beautiful here in Western NY for the last few days. The daytime temperatures have been in the 60s and 40s at night. Absolutely perfect fall weather. The leaves are beginning to turn and we have had mostly brilliant sunshine and blue skies. i love fall! 🍁🍂 It's when I come back to life after enduring late spring and summer's blazing sunshine and searing heat. I don't do heat well and it seems to get harder with age. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello, @Irish1210 !  I always wonder how you are doing with your "new" pup when I see one of your posts.  He/she must be full grown by now.  I can't believe our guy is 4 years old.  As far as the warm weather.......they adapt.  We have had 6 sheepies and each one was different.  Two loved to lay in the snow.....on the larges pile of ice or snow!  Sometimes we would look out and they would be covered and you could barely see them.  One of the snow lovers also LOVED going in the pool.  He would sit on the first step and wait for me to get in with him.  This is Higgins....our biggest.  

20170512_102155.jpeg

This is the one we have now and the only time he has seen snow.  He was 6 months old.  Sadly, he loved it!

20161214_080233.jpeg

I think he has adapted....Woman Wink

20171118_084031-1.jpeg

The simple truth about this breed, and I am sure many others, is that they just want to be with their people.  As you know, they are super loving and very playful.  We certainly have loved each and everyone of ours.  The story of your neighbor using your sheepie as a weather man is priceless.  

Stay warm with your own "Bershire" comforter this winter!

Also, stay safe!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Finally threw in the towel yesterday and got my winter slippers out.  Next week is blankets.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I live in NYC, we get four seasons (it's really pretty much two, Winter and Summer), anyway it has been chilly the last three days. I pulled out my long sleeve shirts and sweaters and put away the short sleeves. The flannel pjs have come out as well as the Fall and Winter coats. I think this is the earliest I have ever switched over my wardrobe. In the back of my mind I can here my mother who has passed saying throw on a sweater, I'm not putting the heat on until October 14. In her honor I will wait.

Aww, I bet your mom would like that, @Jordan2 - and maybe she does know you are waiting to turn the heat on in her honor Smiley Happy

It has gotten cooler here, but not cold and its been raining today, a lot of leaves have fallen just over the past week. 

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs   Thank you so much for sharing your pictures Heart  They are wonderful!!  I have a similar photo of one of ours in the snow at 6 mos......always been one of my favorites!!

The herding instinct really took over with our first........he just circled the pool constantly whenever anyone was in ~ it really riled him to have so much movement and activity.  Our second sheepie just wanted to jump in the pool and join the party!!

They each have their own personality ~ our current sheepie is the toughest.  He is now 2 (can't believe it!) and still "tests" me daily.  That being said I can't imagine not having a furry, cuddly, LOUD sheepdog in the house!

Having had 6!!!!! I can be certain you have a loving, warm, inviting home/homes.  Enjoy your baby and be safe!  

**I am going to work on posting pics : )

IMG_6034.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Personally I hate to see the summer end. We have very pleasant summers and usually perfect weather. I will miss that so much because here once it starts raining it never quits!