Honored Contributor

Our dinner will be around 6 turkey breast still cooking, once done I am packing it and transporting up to Dad who is 10 minutes away, my brother will be there and the 4 of us will spend the holiday together

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Just three of of us here today, DH, DS and me. It’s just after 1pm and all my prep work is done. Dressing made, make ahead gravy made, cranberry mold...check. Yams, got it. Corn soufflé, ham glaze.

Table is set, serving dishes all out and ready to be filled or cooked. Will have buffet style and place on sideboard. We have a very long table but we just prefer it that way. 

Ham cap and turkey breast will get cooking in a while. Ham in oven with sides and turkey breast in the Nuwave. Rolls will be last, crossing fingers I remember they are in the oven. I even found a butter sculpture in the shape of a turkey for the table, cute!

Wishing everyone here a wonderful day no matter what your plans are ❤️

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, I'm tired.

[ Edited ]

We're eating at 5:30 and I'm tired!  I was up at 6:00am and started prepping around 8:00 o'clock.  It's a long day but well worth the effort enjoying family and friends.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, QG!  Smiley Happy   Day, so far (it's only 1pm here), nice and peaceful.  I like peaceful.    It's mostly just me, the dogster, and the bird.  They are both napping right now.   

I didn't even eat breakfast (not that I was hungry but I had to take the stupid vitamins - I hate taking vitamins) until about half an hour ago.  No plans for dinner, as the pizza plan fell through.    

Hi @chickenbutt

I have a suggestion for your dinner.  Look online for a yelp connection.  They will show any delivery restaurants that will bring food to you.  Just enter your address or zip code.

Honored Contributor

Been on my feet since 9am this mroning. Ate a large breakfast - I started baking and cooking since then. I prep some yeterday to give me a head start but ...

Dinner is at 6pm and I'm bringing over several side dishes to my brother and his family. I'm not really a cook so this is just sorta fun for the first 5 hours - now I'm tired and also no dishwasher for me. Just had clean my prep and cooking dishes. I clean as I go since I'm limited on space.

Wiaitng for my cheesy hasselbacks to come out of the oven and I'm done. Another 1/2 hour to go. Also baked my first Bakewell Tart -recipe courtesy of Mary of British Baking Show. Bakeup dessert is apples on puffed pastry so I know that is edible.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

is someone missing their main course? go catch it

unnamed.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just four o’clock here, the turkey is done, we are just waiting on the stuffing, new recipe and trying it out in a crock pot.

The table is set and the sides are ready.  DH forgot to chill the champagne earlier, I hope it’s cold enough.

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone's been so busy!

Just returned from early afternoon family gathering. Had quality chat time with neices and nephews who I don't see often. So proud of them. Good people. Makes my heart feel light. Thankful I came home to a clean kitchen and quiet house and for sunshine and warmth today. Looking for a movie tonight, then decorating tomorrow with afternoon matinee. A good kind of tired on Thanksgiving. Rest well everyone.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thanksgiving to you images

Esteemed Contributor

We had dinner at 4p. Everything was delicious. I just made myself a turkey sandwich and it was very good. I have no dishwasher. My choice. I had one in my previous home and never used it as I love to wash dishes. I’m tired and going into work tomorrow at 7am. Hope everyone had a great day. 

Respected Contributor

It's just after 11:30 pm.  Son and DIL just left.  They called Uber because those pear martinis were really good Smiley Happy